New timer issue- 13.5 HOUR recording

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New timer issue- 13.5 HOUR recording

Occheermommy
Camera Crew
So yesterday I went to watch the latest episode of my cat from hell which tapes each morning. They r repeats but I have missed a bunch. I saw two recordings on there and one said 14 min and one 47 min. I figured something interrupted the recording so it was split. I start watching it and it showed the entire episode in one recording. While I watched I noticed the line wasn't moving much on the bottom timeline. I looked at the recording time and it actually said 13 hours and 30 min. What???? I just have a normal timer set up for new and repeat. How did it decided that this one episode was 13.5 hours long. It wasn't on that long. Is this yet another new bug in the timers or is this a glitch in the new interface. Obviously this would fill up my dvr quickly. Anyone else seen this?
3 Replies

Re: New timer issue- 13.5 HOUR recording

DISH Employee
There aren't any known issues on that currently. What channel was this recorded on? Can you check other recordings from the same channel to see if those have the same thing happen? Can you check the timers list for me and see if there is a manual timer setup, or confirm the timer settings are all correct?

Occheermommy
Camera Crew
This is the only show I record on animal planet. I am hoping it is just a fluke thing. The latest recording was ok. This happened on Tuesday. Wednesday was good and I haven't checked today yet.

scotar
Audio Engineer
What time was the broken recording? Did it happen to start around 1:00AM? It was interrupted by the 1:00AM system reboot. Then it hung when it tried to start recording the show again after the re-boot.

Betcha that is what it is!! :D