New customer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer

walt113
Extra
I hope this is in the right place. I am a new customer (3/21/17) and so far this is one of the worse decisions I have made. Since day one I have had problems, starting with the installation. I have 2 wallys, one in my bedroom and one in the living room. The one in the bedroom was setup with no issues but the one in the living room took a lot more time retrying and the installer had to make a few calls to get it done. After everything seemed OK I thought I was good to go. Over the next several days I had issues with the l/r unit. There would be times that I would be watching something, try to go to the guide and things would blank out. My first few calls were to regular techs who would have me reset the unit which would work fine, but not solve the issue. After a lot of calls and another tech visit, they decided to send me a new unit. When I tried to activate it, things worked well for most of the steps but then I had issues that I had to call about. One of the messages I got twice (but not recently) was "stolen identity -087". After quite a while on the phone, we got it to work, at least for a while. Soon after that the blackout problem came back, not all the time but some. I told one person that I would switch units in the rooms to see what happened. A couple of days ago the same problem happened to the replacement unit I took back to the bedroom. After all these calls, I was told that my case was being referred to a more senior tech and that I would get a direct call, probably before the weekend was up. So far no one has contacted me. Another issue I have also been having on both units is on demand streaming speeds. I have a provider that gives me 15-16 MBPS which one tech said was fine for streaming. Sometimes I check the speed on the wally and I only get 1 MBPS or less. The other day I checked the speed before trying to watch an episode, got 16 MBPS, so I started watching and immediately was kicked down to around 1 MBPS again. I wish there had been a 30 day trial - I would not have needed to send this lengthy post as I would have cancelled by now. As it is, I am stuck for 2 years unless there is someone more informed than the others that can help me. I am looking for a quick response - thanks. Walt
1 Reply

Re: New customer

DISH Employee
Please send us a Private Message with your phone number and four digit security PIN to review the account and assist you further.