cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

New customer

Newbie1961
Extra

I had a tec install hopper 1st generation and joey in bedroom remote in bedroom only half worked he installed another one same issue he informed me that new remotes and older equipment not very compatible said that remote would update itself well it didn't can't control volume or turn television on or off I believe as a new customer I should have received hopper3 or at least hopper with sling anyway tried calling customer support what a joke I am missing my direct tv would appreciate a little help with equipment I am being billed for. A very unhappy new customer😡 

Tags (2)
4 Replies

Re: New customer

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Those are tv functions and not the Dish functions. You’d have to program your remote to the tv in the TV settings. Not every model will work with every Dish remote. Model of receiver is irrelevant for those specific features.

As far as the equipment received, it is based off your credit. I am guessing you’re a pay in advance customer.

codynm
Audio Engineer

Welcome to the ho hum support from Dish network.

Despite some things you will be told, you have to keep after them to get anything taken care of.

DISH Employee

Hello, Newbie1961. We definitely don't want to start off on the wrong foot with a new member such as yourself. Our remotes do work on a majority of television, but there are some models that to will not work with. I would be happy to see if we can get the remote paired to your TV, and see how we can get equipment that you're satisfied with. Can you send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN please? 

Here are the steps to sending a private message: 

Sign in to the community.
Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
Click Compose New Message.
Enter the recipient's name (CalebS) in the Send to area.
Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
Click Send Message.

peterdaniel
Extra

welcome aboard new customer.....

I've been a loyal customer for several years and when my receiver failed, Dish greedily informed me that they would be charging me $15 to ship me out a new one!

Never mind that their equipment caused me to be without the service I pay them to receive for days.....

Just smile and say "thank you Dish" and it will hurt less....