dishnation
Character Actor

Does Dish's voice remote use Alexa? 

Tags (2)
9 Replies

Re: New Voice Remote

Kassel98
Extra

That's a great question! Are you thinking you could control the TV through Alexa? I haven't tried that yet. 

I have both at my house. The Alexa integration is nice for when I am in the kitchen and need to pause the TV or something and basic DVR functions. I like the 54.0 voice remote better for receiver and channel navigation as well as search.

Character Actor
The voice remote navigation is built into the receiver and will function without Alexa.
Wesley Smith

MrMatt
Character Actor
The remote voice control and Alexa controls are different.
The remote voice controls are great and allow more functionality and flexibility. It’s search features are great!
Alexa is good for when you aren’t around your your remote or just want to be lazy. It is great on its ability to control playback functions such pause and play, along with changing channels.

Ageno25ana
Extra

Heart I love these great funtionalities!

betabogdan
Extra

It doesn't use Alexa but has similar functions to what you can do with Alexa if it's connected with the Hopper or the Joey. With voice remote of course you would need to press the button where with Alexa it's activated by voice command. I saw in updates today that Hopper soon will work with Google Assistant. That would be great since during the holidays a lot of people bought Google Home along with Echo Dot. I'm hoping it will happen sooner than later Smiley Happy

Tags (1)

rogakis
Character Actor

I love my new remote. The voice search and channel functions are very useful. The backlighting is not distracting when watching tv in a dark room and the single power button is something our Dish system really needed.

evang
Extra
I would agree about the 54 remote, it is easily the best remote dish has ever made. Simplified design with no unneeded buttons, auto back lighting, voice control, and no fussy touch pad to deal with. So happy they made this model as it seems they took users inputs into consideration and nailed it!
Tags (1)

ferg
Camera Crew

The 54 remote looks like it combines what we liked about the two previous remotes. I haven't used one yet but it looks just like what I would want.