New Voice Remote Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Voice Remote Issue

BrianP58
Audio Engineer
Got the new remote, paired it and it works just fine with one exception. Pressing the power button to turn everything off turns off the TV, Sound System but not the receiver. Pressing the power button to turn the system on turns everything on. Our older remote works just fine. Tap the power button and all systems turn off with the old remote. Some sort of bug with the new remote?
Tags (2)
5 Replies

Re: New Voice Remote Issue

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The 54.0 voice remote turns the receiver off after 5 minutes. This is acting as it should.

asdrabael
Extra
The only way to turn off the hopper faster than 5 minutes with the new remote is to walk up and push the reset button. A quick tap puts it into standby. Holding it down resets.

stile99
Cinematographer
Third thread on this 'issue'. I'm guessing Dish needs to be a bit more proactive in sharing information about this change, or maybe reduce the time from 5 minutes. If the delay is built in to help people who turn the Hopper off and then immediately think "Oh wait, I didn't mean to do that!" then a much shorter delay would still cover that scenario.

BrianP58
Audio Engineer
I don't get the reasoning for this. Old remote turns off the receiver and tv together which makes sense. Why wait a few minutes for the receiver to turn off.

Chadt41411
Casting Director

If I were to guess, it is because of the buffer. This way, if something accidentally happens, it doesn't lose the buffer.