New Software Problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Software Problems

5jones
Character Actor
Hi, I have installed a Hopper with sling and three joeys. I did an update of the Software and now I can not see in the joey what I have recorded in the hopper. Before the update everything worked fine. I think the new software has errors because the problem is with the three joeys at a time. I called customer service and they sent a technician but the technician told me that he thinks he had to change the Hopper. What you think you believe will be the problem? Is there any way to get back to the previous software?
10 Replies

Re: New Software Problems

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
I did a manual update and both of my joeys stopped working. I found out that the manual update doesn't happen immediately if you do it on the Hopper and for some reason the Joeys get out of software sync between them and the Hopper. Here's what you need to do to get it going:
If you choose to manually download the update. Select manual update on the Hopper around the time frame when you go to bed and make sure the Hopper in standby(on but not in use) and if you have any Joeys, make sure they are in standby as well. Also make sure that you don't have any events scheduled over night. Leave the Hopper and Joeys over night and the update should happen by mid morning. Mine completed around 4am. Selecting the manual update doesn't immediately start and I found that leaving the Hopper and Joeys alone over night will let the update occur and everything should be working after that. I came home after work the next evening and all units worked. ;)

5jones
Character Actor
I would like to know what version of the software you have in each joey and hopper to compare with mine. I have installed a hopper with sling, a super joey and two joeys. Because since three days ago I left it waiting to update and did not do it. You know how do I update it manually.

DISH Employee
You should have a software version U2.27,U2.26,U2.24,S5.42. for the Hopper and Super Joey should have U3.70,U3.68,U3.67, S5.85 and the Joey U2.73, U2.71, U2.70,U1.68

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
After mine updated my Hopper is at U336 now. I'll have to check my Joeys again. I don't remember off hand has it's been about two weeks since they got updated.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
He was asking about Hopper w/Sling, you have Hopper 3. Joeys used with Hopper 3 will have different version than the ones used with Hopper w/Sling too (unless system has updated to the newer software version that is on the Hopper 3, most haven't).

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Ah, gotcha. All these HW versions. Oy vay. :roll:

5jones
Character Actor
My versions are:
Hopper w/sling: U226, Super Joey: U370, Joeys: U273, and date is January 21-22 2017. I've also noticed on all Joeys that the remote control select button does not work when the onscreen guide is on , In another menu this one works. Also they work very slow. Is There a way to revert to the old software?

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Nope.

5jones
Character Actor
With the last update everything is fixed. Thanks