New Hopper Software Made me a DIS-Satisfied customer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Hopper Software Made me a DIS-Satisfied customer

We have been forced finally to take the new upgrade. The WORST concept is the elimination of the 4x ff and starting with the too-fast 15x ff. Extremely frustrating when one must go back at a too-fast speed and then slam forward again and try to stop on a dime. The purpose is to force the viewer to sit through at least some of the commercials--a back slap to the sponsors. Apparently this has been going on since its new upgrade was introduced last January with similar complaints on the Internet. And the DISH intro to the new upgrade was "We listened to you." Really? Not from what I have read on the Internet and this Forum.
Our only action is Direct, which we will to start explore. Too bad. DISH was good.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
LosingPatience wrote:
We have been forced finally to take the new upgrade. The WORST concept is the elimination of the 4x ff and starting with the too-fast 15x ff. Extremely frustrating when one must go back at a too-fast speed and then slam forward again and try to stop on a dime. The purpose is to force the viewer to sit through at least some of the commercials--a back slap to the sponsors. Apparently this has been going on since its new upgrade was introduced last January with similar complaints on the Internet. And the DISH intro to the new upgrade was "We listened to you." Really? Not from what I have read on the Internet and this Forum.
Our only action is Direct, which we will to start explore. Too bad. DISH was good.

DTV just updated their software recently as well. Same complaints. Difference is I have read more complaints on their Genie than the Hopper 3, plus the Genie is a major downgrade.

RAYGC
Extra

I've been a Dish customer for several years also and have encountered the same problems you have dcescribed starting several months back. Whoever rewrote their software must be incompetent. I'm totally frustrated with how slow the system operates now. I will also be exploring my options. Dish employees just pretend the problem doesn't exist and assume their customers are morrons.

dam24592
Extra

We're in the same situation. One would think that if Dish valued its loyal customers then they would have updated the customer's equipment when they made equipment changes. Instead, you're expected to obligate to another 2-yr agreement to upgrade. I feel the software update on old equipment was a move to encourage old customers to upgrade or you pay the price for not upgrading with a slower remote response and constant daily. I now get 2 daily updates. One at 1:25 am and one at 1:25 pm. Today I'm watching the PGA Championship. I went into the kitchen to throw together a quick lunch. Came back to a black screen because the system was updating. One of those 10 minutes deals too. Once I get unlimited hi-speed broadband in my area, Dish will be history.

DISH Employee

Hello, dam24592. I hate to hear that you're having an issue with your upgrading equipment.  We definitely value you our loyal members, and this is why we do put out regular updates to improve their experience. We did update the User Interface to bring an overall improved experiencing. Searching for your favorite show and movies became even easier, and we shortened to Menu by a lot making it easier to customize.

The Hopper should definitely not be updating twice a day. It should only be updating once usually at 1:00am. If it is updating during the day something could be causing the update not to happen at night. We have added the ability to change when it updates happen. You can access this setting by press your Home button twice > Settings > Power Settings > Daily Reset Time. 

J73JIM
Character Actor
Dish offers nothing but bs. It is the worst ever. Nothing but religious shows and people selling junk. 80% crap and 20% garbage

DISH Employee

Hello, J73JIM. We do have various channels to suit a variety of our members needs. What channels/content do you enjoy to watch?