New Dish Anywhere not working on PC: 2009 and 2026

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dish Anywhere not working on PC: 2009 and 2026

Jimmy1
Character Actor
Ever since the new Dish Anywhere interface I cannot connect on my PC. I get error 2009 or 2026. What is wrong?
28 Replies

Re: New Dish Anywhere not working on PC: 2009 and 2026

Brapol
Extra

Yeah Dish screwed up again. Was working fine using Firefox, edge and IE using Dish anywhere player.

That is no longer available. Dish is saying to use Chrome or Safari to view remotely.

First of all Safari is not even been able to find or login to dishanywhere.

Chrome will let me view only streaming channels.  All other channels can't view at all.

Wish they rolled back their update so I can view Dish on my laptop like I used to.

AWhy dish is forcing PC users to use Chrome or Safari web browsers? Did they get paid to eliminate far superior web browsers?

Rafael
Extra

Same here. It's not working on either my Mac or Windows PC. It works on my iPhone, though. Frustrating!

Ed-Munn
Character Actor

Does not work on Crome windows 10 either. You can log on but cannot stream live or DVR.

Choachy
Extra

Can confirm as well. Getting 2009 error on Windows 10 using Chrome. Works fine from phone app, but not on PC. I can view DVR content, but not any live channels from the guide. 

I had hopes for this update. The old Dish Anywhere program was complete garbage and one of the worst pieces of software I've ever used.

Cant believe this new update is so buggy. This is ridiculous.

Jimmy1
Character Actor
Yes, no browser works for me. Worked fine before the interface update.

Jimmy1
Character Actor
Same here

Jimmy1
Character Actor
Same with me. New update is terrible!!

JM914
Extra

Same here.
The new update to Dish Anywhere on PC is TERRIBLE!  Basically I CANNOT WATCH ANYTHING!

Not to mention there is significantly less functionality in the new version.

I have been able to watch both live shows and recordings since the new version, but it's very inconsistent. About 90% of the time when I click "Watch" it just shows a black pop-up screen within the brower. Sometimes it will show "Connecting to receiver" for a short time and then all black. I also get 2009 and 2026 errors frequently.

I have tried everything: closing the browser and launching again, log out and log back in, restarting the receiver, restarting my computer, etc. etc. Some days in the past few weeks I have been able to watch a show after retrying several times, but today (9/20/19), I have not been successful at all. Nothing.

The Dish app on my iPhone works fine and I can watch shows/recordings there, but I would much rather use my PC with a big screen (and keyboard and mouse).

The previous version was much better and it worked perfectly with minimal technical issues.  There was much more functionality and It was very nice to have a separate app running on another window streaming the video and have the Dish Anywhere website on the web browser in a separate window where you could do whatever you wanted without disrupting the video.

DISH Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us about your concerns with this issue. Our Engineering Team is currently taking a look into what is causing this issue. It has been reported that this could be a firewall related issue, however, we need to know more network info. Please send us a Private Message with your account so that we can add your account to the report and provide our Engineering Team with more details. You can use this link for more information on how to send a Private Message: