Network programs disappear

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network programs disappear

jmills103
Extra
I have the original Hopper. After last summer's update, I noticed when the new season started that network program episodes would stay in their folder only about 2 weeks then they would be gone. I could find them in PTAT to be downloaded but 1/2 the time that doesn't work anyway. I never had PTAT on before, if I turn it off, would network programs stay til I watch them? Non network shows do. Thanks!
5 Replies

Re: Network programs disappear

peggyrh
Associate Producer
PTAT recordings only stay a maximum of 8 days if you don't change the settings. If you set a PTAT program to "save series" it will go into your recordings folder & stay there until you delete, that's the way PTAT has worked for several years & has nothing to do with the recent user interface update.

eeyoreland
Character Actor
I agree with the OP. I too have noticed a problem since the fall TV season started. I "save" my recordings from PTAT, but they are mysteriously disappearing from the "recordings" folder. I've never noticed if they disappear after two weeks, but now that that has been mentioned, I think that may be my case also. After several calls/complaints to Dish, they are replacing my Hopper. Not sure if that will help or not. I wish I knew if it was some kind of setting that needs to be changed. But one would hope Dish would have told me that.

dflem29
Costume Designer
If you set up separate timers for the shows (or save them from the PT folder) you can then go into the 'Menu', select 'Settings', go to 'DVR Timer Defaults', and under 'Keep', select 'All'. This way all of your episodes will be kept until you decide to delete them.

jmills103
Extra
I was hoping that last reply held the key but mine is set up to keep all. Tech support said this was a known bug they are working on. Really, for MONTHS and still can't figure it out?

eeyoreland
Character Actor
jmills103 wrote:
I was hoping that last reply held the key but mine is set up to keep all. Tech support said this was a known bug they are working on. Really, for MONTHS and still can't figure it out?

I know. This is absolutely ridiculous.

By any chance has anyone else had their programs magically reappear. That happened to me, but now I've lost more again.