Netflix won't connect/freezes system - our workaround

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix won't connect/freezes system - our workaround

G3maDot
Extra
Have a smart tv, Hopper 3 with Sling (in the last two weeks) and peripheral devices. TV control menu lists Dish Network (first), the devices, HDMI and, now, Dish Hopper.
Before the Hopper, we accessed Netflix through a streaming device.
When we tried to access Netflix through the Dish Network portal, it not only wouldn't connect, attempted access froze out the entire system so we had to reset the Hopper.
Tech Support today said there were "known issues" with Netflix connectivity and suggested we reset the Netflix settings to factory default. Attempted login to Netflix just froze system - like 5 times we went through the "freeze-reset-default settings-login-freeze" cycle.
On the last Hopper reset cycle, husband went back to tv controls and accessed Hopper through the Dish Hopper portal. Golly-gee! Logged right into Netflix without delay or issue. Other apps also working splendidly.
Hope this helps alleviate frustration for someone else!
4 Replies

Re: Netflix won't connect/freezes system - our workaround

DISH Employee
I do want you to know the issue with the Netflix App is an issue we're working on to get resolved. There is something I want to check with you to make sure everything is up to date. When you press the Home button two times, what is the Software Version of that Hopper 3?

WayneM
Character Actor

Our hopper3 doesn't like netflix either, The app loads the netflix (large) logo Freezes with the sound from the last channel we were on. Have to do a hard reset to get back to the guide. We are not sure exactly what you mean by "On the last Hopper reset cycle, husband went back to tv controls and accessed Hopper through the Dish Hopper portal."

do you mean you used the smart tv app, or accessed the dish app a different way than just going to channel 370?

we are so sick of losing 5-7 minutes of anything set to record whiule this equipment does it's reset.

Please explain what you did.

thanks for your help

DISH Employee

Hello WayneM. The issue that you are describing is a known problem that we have reports of other customers having. Our Engineering Team is aware and are looking into what could be causing this issue. I would like to escalate your account to them for further information to help with finding a fix. Can you please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit Pin on the account so I may do so? https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

WayneM
Character Actor

Since it's been over 8 months since this problem was reported (maybe even longer) and not even close to a solution

I propose a temp fix as follows [ how about a .50 cent credit per hopper reboot] that should provide a monetary incentive to fixing the app. from the number of freezes we have a day our bill would probally be 5.00 a month LOL