Netflix on Joey freezes and shows 99%

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix on Joey freezes and shows 99%

tmorg@clnk.com
Camera Crew
After watching a few hours of Netflix on a Joey connected via MOCA (strong signal) it will just freeze and show the circle with 99% and become unresponsive. The only thing that can be done is to exit Netflix and start over. This never happens on the Hopper 3. I have a 125Mbps x 125Mbps Fiber connection direct to ethernet to the Hopper 3 so there should never be a bandwidth issue. The Hopper to Joey cable RG6 connection is a 40 foot cable run so it is a short run. Hopper software is U347 and Available Joey Software is W150 W204 U278 U479. Any help appreciated.
9 Replies

Re: Netflix on Joey freezes and shows 99%

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Any chance you can connect your Joey to the Hopper via CAT6 LAN network cable instead of the RG6 cable and test?

I use this cable system for my Joeys and all work well on Netflix.

Also try doing a reset of the Joey and test.

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
Netflix on Joey? Wtf?? The only thing I've ever got is this feature will be available "soon"
(hopper 3 with both 4k & regular joey's)

And if you really piss me off, tell me pip works on your joey??
pip = "feature not available"

tmorg@clnk.com
Camera Crew
PiP only work on my hopper but Joeys do have Netflix. I will try with ethernet and see if that is better.

YouShouldbeFIRED
Costume Designer
Apparently only the regular joeys have netflix not the 4k joey, nice "upgrade". I wish I had kept my 2 hopper/2 joey setup I had backmailed them out of when I gave (it's hard to believe, but yes it's worse) U-Verse :-(

They SWORE, PROMISED & "GUARANTEED" I wasn't losing any features moving to hopper v3/joey 4k, I guess missed the part when they explained how PIP & Netflix are not "features".

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Are your Joeys 2.0 or 4K?
Joey 2.0 will have Netflix. I'll check to see if my 2.0 work with PIP.

tmorg@clnk.com wrote:
PiP only work on my hopper but Joeys do have Netflix. I will try with ethernet and see if that is better.

tmorg@clnk.com
Camera Crew
My Joeys are all 2.0.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Netflix is available on 2.0s

I just checked PiP on my 2.0 and it says it's not a active feature. So I presume maybe not supported on Joeys. :?

tmorg@clnk.com
Camera Crew
Yes I am aware of that. Someone else posted about Netflix not being there. Mine is the freezing issue as topic starter.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Checking Netflix on my Joey, it's working. I'll try to watch something all the way thru. I did a quick fast forward thru a short movie stopping here and there to play it. Played fine.