Netflix nw-1-1000 error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix nw-1-1000 error

grillheadxl
Character Actor

I am dealing with this nw-1-1000 error like many others are. I have a Hopper 3, and two Wireless Joeys. The install is only a month old. One Wireless Joey works perfectly. The other will not connect to Netflix. I have done all of the diagnostics. The Hopper and both Joeys are connected to the Internet. Download speed is 168 mbps. It is set to bridging. Everything down to the modem has had at least one hard reset. Customer serviced supposedly sent some sort of signal to try and fix it. Nothing has fixed this yet. Both of the Wireless Joeys are running the same software/firmware. Everything is the same with them, except the one will not run Netflix. It has been over a year since this started occuring from what I am reading online, and it still has not been resolved. I want my defective Joey swapped out for another one. Someone from customer service please reach out to me. I've spent enough time on chat trying to get this resolved and nothing is fixing it. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Netflix nw-1-1000 error

grillheadxl
Character Actor

I'm following up on this for future and current customers having this issue. I received a new (refurb) wireless Joey which fixed the issue. From everything I have researched, it does seem to be a hardware, not a software issue. If all else fails, swap out Joey's. That should fix it.

11 Replies

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You said that you have done hard resets, but have you done factory resets on netflix At the affected area?

grillheadxl
Character Actor

Yes I have, multiple times. If I run the test for the Netflix connection it says that it cannot reach the Netflix servers. The Joey is connected to the Internet. Everything else works fine.

DISH Employee

Have you also tried a whole-home reset, where all the equipment is unplugged at the same time then the Hopper is plugged in, allowed to fully boot and connect, then the wireless Joeys are plugged back in?

grillheadxl
Character Actor
Yes, during one of the chats a tech asked me to do that which I did. I've also tried it again afterward. Still not working.

DISH Employee

I would like to review your account further, grillheadxl. Please send me a Private Message! You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

grillheadxl
Character Actor

I'm following up on this for future and current customers having this issue. I received a new (refurb) wireless Joey which fixed the issue. From everything I have researched, it does seem to be a hardware, not a software issue. If all else fails, swap out Joey's. That should fix it.

Zayde
Extra

Dish insttalled today! Netflix works just fine on Hopper. Doesn't work on Joey. Support article says to enable Bridging. When I go to advanced settings it won't let me select Bridging to enable it.
Not off to a good start!

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Give it atleast 72 hours.

DISH Employee

Hi there, Zayde! Sometimes there is a slight delay in the apps on the Joey's, but you will want to make sure that you are turning Bridging on at the Hopper. If you need any additional assistance, please feel free to send me a private message! 

You can find the How-To on sending private messages here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039