Netflix not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix not working

AMW
Extra

For several months Netflix has not worked more than it's worked. Netflix blamed internet, internet provider blamed Dish and I can't ever get anybody from Dish on the phone but I'm sure they'd blame somebody else. When issues first started I thought maybe the internet speed was too slow and couldn't support 3 people online so I just watched it when it worked and dealt with all the buffering, timing out, etc. Since that time I've tried to watch it several times when nobody else was online and there were still issues. I decided to connect ethernet cable from Hopper directly to modem and it worked without any buffering at all............for ONE NIGHT. I've unplugged and reset everything-internet, Dish receiver, Netflix apps. more times than I can count. It's obviously not the internet because I can connect  with a laptop or phone whenever I want. At this point I'm thinking it's more than likely a configuration error or something technical but I can never reach a person when I'm in front of the TV. Very frustrated with this entire system right now. I'm not tech savvy at all but seems pretty sad when I can watch Netflix on my laptop by not my TV. 

Tags (2)
5 Replies

Re: Netflix not working

DISH Employee

I absolutely get why you would be frustrated with not being able to watch your Netflix programming, AMW. Are you only having problems when accessing it through the Netflix App on your Hopper, or is it happening on other devices as well?

Also, is it just buffering, or does it give an error code, freeze up, black screen, or anything else?

Highlighted

AMW
Extra

Originally the issue was buffering continually. Since I moved router so I could use ethernet it's been error code after error code. 

DISH Employee

Can you go into Netflix and get that error code for me, please?

kellieb
Extra

We have the same problem ALL the time. I have to go to the main reciever and under internet settings, advanced, turn the bridging back on. i have no idea how it keeps turning itself off all of the time which cuts the internet connection to my joey. SUCH A PAIN!! Most of the time we end up watching my laptop cause it works so much better than the dish netflix app. 

DISH Employee

Hi, Kellieb! It is weird that your bridging is turning off regularly. What router model do you have?