Netflix not working on Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Netflix not working on Hopper 3

DISH Employee

Thanks for providing that, Altud. Have you already tried to factory resetting the Netflix app? If not, you can press your HOME button 3 times, go to Tools > Reset to Factory Defaults > Reset Netflix to Defaults. Once you click Select on this you will see a pop-up appear just select yes. 

Altud
Character Actor
Yes I have done that. And sent the info.

DISH Employee

Perfect. Sometimes factory resetting Netflix does help with this. Our Engineering Team is still looking into this issue with Netflix. We don't have an established timeline of a fix; however, when one does become available we will be more than happy to share it. We know having an issue like this is never easy, and we appreciate your patience with us as we work to resolve it. 

FixItNow
Camera Crew
Well it has been working really good with U528 for me and I must have got in at least a dozen times with no issues but just had a failure so rebooting now, now totally fixed.

ZXNasty
Costume Designer

I've used it about 4 times without issue across several days. Will try to use it more frequently to verify.

stevaughn
Character Actor

Same issue here. Netflix stuck on Netflix name screen with audio from channel last on dvr. After reboot it usually will work the first time only. Also External Drive not recognized but sometime on reboot it will but not for long. Also Bluetooth icon not even shown in menu but may after a reboot. Time to switch to a provider that can give us the features we are paying for!

DISH Employee

I do see our engineers are investigating this issue with the Netflix launch, stevaughn, and the current workaround is to reset Netflix to factory defaults. Have you been able to do that regarding the Netflix issue?

Mike910
Extra

Add me to the list of users with this problem. Resetting Hopper 3 or Netflix to factory defaults is a temporary fix that lasts about a day.

DISH Employee

I would be delighted to get your added to escalation report for this issue, Mike910. To make sure we provide our Engineers with the equipment information for your Hopper, can you please send us a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit Pin? https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Altud
Character Actor
I have reset to factory settings to no avail!!