Netflix not working on Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Netflix not working on Hopper 3

DISH Employee

Hi bemoses. I can definitely get you added to that feedback for our engineers. Once the issues are resolved, there isn't much sent out about what the specific found cause was, because at that point most of our resources are focused on pushing out that update.  

Could you please send me a Private Message including the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so I may access your information?

ZXNasty
Costume Designer
Alright, is this issue ever going to be fixed? Every time I hear/see anything about a fix nothing happens. I have had this issue for almost 2 years, probably called or chatted with dish at least 15 times over this issue. Never to get anything concrete.
I don't see how this length of time is acceptable for an issue to be known about and no fix happen.

DISH Employee

Hello, ZXNasty. I know this has been very frustrating to be impacted by this issue with Netflix. Our Engineer Team are still working on this issue. It has take a while because we are trying to make sure that we resolve this issue permanently without causing any new issues to spring up.We appreciate and thank you for all the patience you have shown!

If you have not been added to the impacted list yet. I would be more than happy to add you. Could you please send me a Private Message including the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so I may access your information?

FixItNow
Camera Crew
Honestly, this is completely unacceptable and after all the months waiting for a fix I'm not sure the answer is believable. How could any fix be worse than the current situation? Why do you even need to maintain a list of affected users?

Enough already, fix this now...

DISH Employee

Hello, FixItNow. I completely understand where you're coming from on this. I am a DISH member myself, and trust me I would like to see it resolved too. When our Engineering team does try to fix an issue, they look to see what caused it, and then implement a fix. After this they do have to make sure this doesn't cause even more issues than before they implemented this fix. Think of pulling a weed out of the ground. You would want to make sure that several other weeds don't sprout up in the same place growing into a bigger problem. This is why it is taking a lot longer than we expected it to resolve.  

We do keep track of which members this affects, this way we know which customers are in need of this fix. I know it's not easy to be patient with us through such a long time frame without a fix. We are working as hard as we can to get the update out, and we do truly appreciate all of your patience. 

FixItNow
Camera Crew
Well, you really don't have to explain software development to me, I've been doing it for over 30 years.

Either you don't really have a fix, the priority on fixing this isn't high enough, or it's actually a hardware problem.

I brought this issue up in a software team meeting yesterday as an example of how ridiculously long it takes some companies to address known customer issues.

Assuming it's software, customer patience is running out so PLEASE FIX THIS NOW.

DISH Employee

FixItNow, we will continue to work on reaching a resolution. I absolutely understand that it is frustration, but thank you for your patience during this time. 

ZXNasty
Costume Designer

Updating this again. My Netflix hasn't worked properly the last 4 days in a row. I'm beyond sick and tired of having to reset my box and wait everytime I want to use Netflix. This has passed the point of ridiculousness, and quite frankly the responses from dish are pathetic. You can tell me all day long that you're looking for a fix, just like you have been for 2 years. It doesn't mean anything anymore. I certainly hope that after all this frustration there is at least a minimal attempt by dish to make this right for all the customers who've complained about this for years.

shawncase79
Extra

Same exact problem here and we've had the issue since we've had Dish. It's a waste to have a Netflix account if it can't even be used. If this isn't a feature that's going to work, it shouldn't be advertised as one. I was told the last time I called that it was scheduled to be fixed as of 8/8/2018. I called back today as it still isn't fixed and was simply told that it's "a problem they're aware of and it's getting work on" and basically that there's nothing that can be done if the resetting and restoring everything isn't working (which it isn't). If the case is that they can't find a solution then why was I lied to about a resolution date?? If it wasn't actually going to be working, I could have already cancelled my subscription and not wasted the money for yet another month of a service I can't use. I really hope this is fixed soon because it's quite frustrating! I'm ready to switch providers anyways so this is just one more issue to push me away from Dish.

Whitemt
Extra
Same issue as everyone else. Just adding myself to the list. It everyone.