Netflix not working on Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix not working on Hopper 3

Smanley91
Character Actor

When I open Netflix on my Hopper 3 (software version U508) the Netflix screen comes up but the audio from whatever channel I had been on remains and it just hangs like that until I reset the Hopper. It does the same thing from Netflix app or if I access Netflix via channel 370. I’ve reset Netflix to factory default, checked internet speed (fine) and logged out of Netflix  but still happens. A daily hard restart of the Hopper is required. Joeys have no issues with Netflix. Any suggestions?

51 Replies

Re: Netflix not working on Hopper 3

DISH Employee

It sounds like from what you've said here that the Netflix app is freezing on the Hopper on launch. I see there is a known issue with the Netflix app frozen on the launch screen and our engineers are investigating it. The workarounds listed are what you have already tried -- resetting the Hopper, or resetting Netflix to factory defaults. I'd be happy to submit feedback that your account is having this issue, if you could send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN. You can also always leave feedback for our executive team on our Spokeslistener page.

BC33936
Extra

I have spoken to no fewer than 10 people about this issue over the past three months.  "I reset  Netflix.  You are good now. "  OK, I'll call again tomorrow and you can reset it again.  Wash, Rinse, Repeat. 

enley
Character Actor

I have been having the same issues for months...and the same responses from tech support, with no real answers or solutions offered.  The latest (today) is they are aware of an issue with the Netflix app, have contacted Netflix about it, and are awaiting Netflix's response.  Just unbelievable that this is such a long-standing problem!

JonathanMurray
Character Actor

Same problem, was hoping to find a solution here.  Apparently not enough customers complaining yet for this to be a Dish concern.

JonathanMurray
Character Actor

Known issue...

BOBBMSEE
Extra

I have had the Hopper3 for 2 weeks,  love Netflix (ch 370) 4k programing.  Hopper is directly connected to 20MHZ modem However, started getting only audio on ALL Netfix programs.

WHAT WORKED:

1) Voice Requsted: "Diagnostics"

2) Step down to (and select) "Tools"

3) Step right and select "RESET HOPPER"

After updates (about 5min) Netflixs is working fine again.

enley
Character Actor
Yeah, that worked the FIRST time I did it; doesn't stay fixed.

Millejm85
Extra
I have a similar problem going on for probably the last year. Netflix opens and seems to work fine until you play a video you only get audio with a black screen. Hopper requires reset then works fine. Has become habit to hit the red reset button every time before I start netflix. This is absurd, never found a fix online.

DISH Employee

Millejm85, can you please check what model Hopper you have, and the Software Version? You can find this information by pressing the MENU button 2 times on your remote, or the HOME button 3 times, this should take you to the DISH Diagnostics page. There you will find the the Model name, and Software Version.

Also, have you tried the known work around of resetting Netflix to factory defaults? If not, you can do this by entering the DISH Diagnostics page (use steps above), go down to Tools > Reset to Factory Defaults > Reset Netflix to Defaults > Yes.