Netflix not working on Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Netflix not working on Hopper 3

FixItNow
Camera Crew
Why is tech support waste our time replying like anything they can do is going to fix this?

You need a new engineering team or management focus to fix this.

Note, this only happens on the hopper too so it isn't a home network problem if you can bring it up there.

Unbelievable...

JrodS
Character Actor

Between this issue now going for months and the EHD issue that is also going for months is there really a engineering team at Dish?

hubbard
Character Actor

Add a +1 for this - the Netflix app is definitely crashing the hopper, using the latest update of the Hopper software (checked that first).  Only remedy is to reset the Hopper completely, after which you get "one good launch" of netflix and then the bug is tickled such that the next relaunch will trigger an uninteruptable hang.

Some additional facts:

1. It doesn't matter how you launch the Netflix app - you can go via the menu or use voice control to launch it and the same bug is triggered.

2. Audio continues to play even when the Hopper is in this state, though this could be a persistent HW state and would happen even if the OS was hard-hung or crashed.

3. This has been happening since the last software update, if not perhaps a couple of updates (hard to pinpoint the time when this started happening, but just 6 months or so ago the netflix app worked reliably and consistently).  Hope this helps the engineers with their "git bisect" in some way!

hubbard
Character Actor

By the way, that spokeslistener link you cited seems non-viable.

@annem wrote:

It sounds like from what you've said here that the Netflix app is freezing on the Hopper on launch. I see there is a known issue with the Netflix app frozen on the launch screen and our engineers are investigating it. The workarounds listed are what you have already tried -- resetting the Hopper, or resetting Netflix to factory defaults. I'd be happy to submit feedback that your account is having this issue, if you could send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN. You can also always leave feedback for our executive team on our Spokeslistener page.

RLSJ1
Extra

This is a long and discusting problem Pay over 119 monthly and cant watch available netflix on get audio on vidieo without several resets very anoying

DISH Employee

I know that I would be feeling frustrated as well if Netflix was acting up. I will be happy to take a look and see if there is anything else that we can do to help get this fixed. 

Can you go ahead and send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN? 

hubbard
Character Actor

Hi Carina,

I appreciate your response, though I'm not sure there's going to be much you will be able to do as this is clearly a nationwide issue for DISH's Hopper customers, not just me.  Resetting the netflix configuration to factory defaults does not work, nor does resetting the Hopper for more than one or two invocations of the Netflix app.  Netflix has also been contacted about this (numerous times) and says it's a known Dish problem - some Dish OS update or configuration change broke their app.

Cogbornblue
Extra
Any updates on a possible fix.
Sure is frustrating, I sometimes have to reboot hopper multiple times to get Netflix
Highlighted

DISH Employee

Cogbornblue, our Engineering Team is on reaching a resolution. At this time, they have not given us an estimated fix date for when this issue will be resolved, however, they are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. 

Infosec
Extra

Time to file lawsuit against Dish failling to provide services laid out in service contract. Software hardware not working as listed in the contract.

if Netflix is not ready on Hopper3 then it should have been removed. 100' thousands of people wasting money on netflix subscription without having to enjoy netflix on primary TV.