Netflix not working on Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Netflix not working on Hopper 3

mikekelly
Character Actor
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but they gave us a new Hopper and guess what? It still doesn't work. Don't get your hopes up.
Highlighted

KachinaShadow
Audio Engineer

This was posted by a DISH EMPLOYEE on 03/06/2018...

"It sounds like from what you've said here that the Netflix app is freezing on the Hopper on launch. I see there is a known issue with the Netflix app frozen on the launch screen and our engineers are investigating it."

So why is it still happening?

DISH Employee

I understand how frustrating this must be, however this forwarded to our engineering team, and is being reviewed at this time. When a fix becomes available it will be sent to your receiver in the form of a software update.

KachinaShadow
Audio Engineer

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for the quick reply...

Maybe you could pass along to UPPER MANAGEMENT that being able to access NETFLIX through the Hopper makes it a little easier to deal with the HBO/CINEMAX debaucle so it should be a #1 priority of the ENGINEERING TEAM to insure that it works seamlessly.

Thanks,
Paul

DISH Employee

I will definitely submit this feedback on your behalf, and hopefully we can get this resolved for you soon. 

Altud
Character Actor
I JUST did a year contract to get the price lowered!!! Evidently I need to rethink this and go back for a bigger discount!! This is so aggravating and I can’t believe that it has been a problem for this long!!!

Tfiers
Extra
When I spoke to tec support they made me feel like this was my problem! It used to work if I restarted the Hopper but no longer. Now I see 14 pages of posts with the same problem.

DISH Employee

We would never want you to feel that way, Tfiers. Can you give me more details on what specifically is happening. Are you seeing an error message? 

Tfiers
Extra
I rebooted my router, rebooted the Hopper, unplugged the tv and Hopper, unplugged WiFi adapter on tv. Still nothing. I tried accessing Netflix from the app and the channel. Still, when I select Netflix the logo appears but freezes and I can still hear the previous channel’s audio.

DISH Employee

Thank you for the information. Any other apps giving you a similar issue?