cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Netflix not working on Hopper 3

FixItNow
Camera Crew
Seriously,...it's the same problem everyone else has here.

Very frustrating to all of us, must be a hardware problem since about any software engineering team could have fixed this by now given any reasonable priority...

I can't believe how long this has gone on...

herefishie
Extra
This had been an ongoing problem for me, as well. Rebooting sometimes doesn't even fix it; I've had to reboot 4 times before Netflix would launch on one occasion. Very frustrating that dish isn't interested in fixing this problem that clearly is a problem for their customers.

DISH Employee

Oh, no! I hate to hear you are having this issue, herefishie. I am happy to check a few things. Are you just seeing the Netflix logo? If so, does it freeze on that screen or is the screen going back to Live TV? 

Sungriz
Extra

It freezes at the logo and you can hear the audio from the station your tuner was on when you launched the app. 

i can either use the remote to get to the accessibility settings and change any one of the accessibility options, then back out of the accessability screen and it returns me to the tuner screen, the other option is to Power cycle the Hopper. 

The hopper is connected to my home WiFi. I have not tried using the Ethernet connection.

I have noticed that when my home network has to be restarted is when the Netflix issue happens the most. 

DISH Employee

This is currently a known issue and our Engineer Team are actively working on getting it resolved. Are you experiencing this issue at the Joeys or just the Hopper? 

ZXNasty
Costume Designer

By known issue, they mean it’s been going on for several years with no progress, fix, or indication of what the problem is. I wouldn’t get your hopes up

tessateel
Extra
I just got my Hopper 3 last week. Had to reset the Hopper today to get Netflix to work. No problem on Joey.

DISH Employee

Hello Tessatell, we are aware of the Netflix issues on our devices, and our engineering team is working to find a resolution for this issue. At this time resetting the device is a workaround for getting the application to function. 

Sungriz
Extra
Only seems to happen on the Hopper.

JTL
Extra

Same problem as everybody else on this thread......Add me to "the list"!