Netflix not working on Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Netflix not working on Hopper 3

Mundman
Extra
I have been having the same issue with my Hopper 3 and Joey for a year now. Any way this will be solved in the future?

DISH Employee

Mundman, our Engineering Team is still working on resolving the issue, and at this time, we do not have an estimated fix date. I can definitely add your account to the report for the Engineering Team! Please send me a Private Message with the phone number associated with your account and the 4 digit PIN so that I can get this added. 

autotkgrad
Extra

I'm a recent Netflix user. During the trial month, we had no issues. Since becoming a paid subscription this month, we now see the freezing load screen and now we are seeing a loss of resolution.

After resetting the modem, the Dish Hopper 3, Netflix itself and playback settings, checking software levels and performing internet speed tests on multiple devices at multiple times, I found that the Hopper connection speed is below the Netflix threshold and averaging 6 Mbps while my other devices are averaging 25 Mbps.  (download)

Why is the Hopper slowing or reducing the internet connection speed?  

Also, after a year, why is Engineering still working on the freeze without a fix?

DISH Employee

Hi autotkgrad. That's a great question. The Hopper isn't designed to slow internet connection speeds; it generally gives what it gets. That being said, we may be able to troubleshoot connection-related concerns with you to see if it can be improved by connecting the internet to your Hopper receiver in a different way (eg: via ethernet). 

Taessi
Character Actor
Is your Hopper 3 on wifi or direct wiring with the car 5e or cat 6?

If wifi try the direct writing. Wi-Fi still allow shown to speeds like thou mentioned.
Highlighted

ZXNasty
Costume Designer
Hey guys, been awhile.
Guess what, issue still present. I see dish is still giving out the same BS auto reply its been for years. Ever any plans to actually fix this? I submitted my info multiple times. What does that accomplish, nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Anyways, just popping back in to show that this hasn't progessed at all, and it never will until they release their next "top of the line" receiver. Maybe not even then

Taessi
Character Actor
Hey just wanted to follow up too.

So over the last two months I've seen improvement on this issue. As long as I actually hit the power off button on the remote for the dish, Netflix actually works over and over. However if I leave the dish powered on and just turn off tv, out works maybe half the time as other half does the same lockup.

Might just be my hopper 3, but you can read a previous post of mine and see that it wouldn't work at all unless I reset the hopper. To me that's a huge improvement.

On a side note, I was given the voice remote for free and now it doesn't have a separate power button for the tv and dish. On a normal non smart tv no big deal, but on my smart TVs, when I hit that power button on the remote it will sometimes turn off both but normally it puts the house into a 5 minute stand by to turn off, this ends up hazing my smart tv turn back on. The other thing when I turn on the TV and hopper with the single button remote sometimes my tv will auto switch to the satellite, normally tho it just sits in its main smart tv menu until I get my tv remote and pick the hopper input.

That issue is just as annoying as the Netflix if not more annoying since it it's everyone I have to watch dish... Luckily I just kept my old remote paired

ZXNasty
Costume Designer
Taessi I got the remote for free too and had the same complaint about the power button. It's obvious that consideration wasn't given to people that have more than one input device plugged in. All I wanted is to be able to turn to dish off not be given a 5 minute timer and have the dish turn back on when I press the TV button go switch inputs.
Through excruciating searching and frustrating conversations with support, who by the way are worse than clueless about their own new remote, use the voice command of "turn off". That turns the receiver off just as the old remote does.
You wouldn't think a power button would be such an issue to make in this day and age but it's part for the course here

JonathanMurray
Character Actor

Incredible that your "team" has been working on this for well over a year and nothing has changed.  Box freezes daily, hard reset required.

DISH Employee

That definitely shouldn't be the case, JonathanMurray. It may be a different issue that is causing your receiver to do that. Have you had it replaced recently? We would want to look further in to things with you, if needed.