Netflix not working on Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Netflix not working on Hopper 3

DISH Employee

At this time, we don't have an estimated fix date, but our Engineering Team will continue to work on reaching a resolution. We appreciate your patience. 

ZXNasty
Costume Designer
So at what point do we start hearing another scripted response?
I'm honestly tired of being told that, since I've heard it since last year. Are we expected to just accept that as an answer until dish releases new equipment, since a fix obviously isn't anywhere near.

DISH Employee

I can understand the frustration of having technical issues and experiencing them for an extended time. These issues often require multiple account examples to help isolate the issue. We cannot guarantee a time by which issues can be resolve since the timeliness of the resolution will depend on what the issue is and the resolution needed. 

FixItNow
Camera Crew
Seriously, you need a new engineering team, team lead, or management who actually cares about your customers.

I have called and offered to let you guys look at my system multiple times and never once had anyone from engineering gotten back to me.

Look at all these posts, we can easily reproduce this problem, the ball is in your court so pick it up and run with it.

Please escalate this, give it priority...
Highlighted

werks
Extra

Following. Same issues for months. Finally got fed up enough to come searching for a solution. Disappointed to see the response from Dish. Given the number of customers on this thread alone, this is an easily reproducible issue and should have been addressed by now.

Jk
Extra

Add me to the list!  This has been going on for months.  I finally got fed up enough to do an online search.  Last night I had to reset it 3 times before it would work. 

ZXNasty
Costume Designer
Hey Dish, you guys really are doing such an impressively pathetic job fixing this issue. If there's one thing I can count on in its that I have to restart my box every time I want to use Netflix. I'll be honest with you, I work in service. I understand how issues get reported, how they're tested l, and how you're SUPPOSED to communicate with customers over an issue. I have to say, this is just good medal levels of terrible response time. All we ever get here is scripted responses nearly identical to the ones I was getting over a year ago. Sprinkled in amongst more and more people with the same issue. At what point does this actually become an issue in Dish's eyes? Can we get someone one here to actually give us a real answer or explanation of the problem and WHY it's taking so long? I've been added to this mystery "list" as others here have been. What exactly does that list do for us, other than give the illusion that you've actually acknowledged the issue? Give us a real update, not scripted BS. An actual response to make it clear to us what is going on with this

DISH Employee

I absolutely understand your frustration, ZXNasty! We aren't given updates on each report as to what the engineers are doing, we can check the report in our tool and give the status there, and this is what we do.

The status is "sent to engineering", and according to this there isn't a workaround on the Joeys yet, but for the Hoppers it's showing to place Joeys in Standby (powered off basically), then start a partial reset on the main Hopper box. Once that's finished, power the Hopper off and let all the equipment sit for an hour before turning it back on.

This workaround doesn't mean it will work, but it means it has been successful in some instances and is given in the hope that it will be successful in the interim period while our engineers are working on a more long-term solution.

ZXNasty
Costume Designer

Hey guess what?! This is STILL happening. 

Yes yes, I know. You understand our frustration/you're working on it. I'm tired of getting the same line of BS. 

There is no update, nobody ever says anything about this unless we complain. This is pathetic support. Absolutely abysmal. 

I can assure you that I do NOT look forward to whatever scripted response I'll see back about this. It's clear you guys don't actually care about this issue, regardless of all the complaints here.

Sungriz
Extra

Been having the same problem as everyone here, for a couple of years.

We have Comcast for our internet and the hopper is connected to WiFi. sometimes when we loose internet connectivity, we have found that Netflix starts having issues. restarting the cable modem seems to be what contributes to Netflix not working on the hopper and we have to Power cycle the hopper to watch Netflix.