Netflix not working on Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Netflix not working on Hopper 3

DISH Employee

Hey, ZXNasty! I absolutely understand why you would be upset with the Netflix App issue, and the experience with getting it resolved. We definitely know how much not being able to access the feature can impact our members, and are working to get it resolved as quickly as possible. 

If you will send me a Private Message with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, I'll be happy to make sure your account information is added to the report for our Engineering Team.

Betaraydave
Extra
Also not working for us. Ive gotten to watch netflix about 5 times in 2 years. Thinking about switching back to DTV

DISH Employee

Betaraydave, I can definitely understand your frustration. If you would like to add your account to the report for our Engineering Team, please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account. 

DISH Employee

Betaraydave, I did receive your Private Message, thank you! 

ZXNasty
Costume Designer
Ooh, how about this now. I try to start Netflix, no video just black screen and audio. I reset my box since that's the "fix" then go to Netflix, stuck on Netflix title screen. Should I send someone my info, so we can all pretend like that does anything?

DISH Employee

ZXNasty, if you are getting audio but no video that doesn't normally point to an issue with the app's software. We would want to make sure that the Hopper is connecting fully to your internet service to be able to stream the show/movie you are trying to watch. 

To test this, you will need to press the Home button three times or the Menu button two times depending on which remote you have. 

Then select Status > Send Status > Test Connections. 

What is the download speed showing for the Internet connection?

Highlighted

ZXNasty
Costume Designer
I'll humor you even though I've done this test repeatedly as long as I've had this issue, again since I've had the Hopper
I have 100Mbps internet and can assure you the issue is not with connectivity.
Its been confirmed multiple times by dish that my speed is more than satisfactory.
I'm tired of being asked to do troubleshooting and tests, when Netflix has had problems for over a year. I can't conceive how that is acceptable.

FixItNow
Camera Crew
There is no humor in this...when they don't recognize that this is the exact problem we have all been complaining about...

I'm about ready to mute this thread, dish doesn't appear to be coming up with a fix.

Another data point, I don't see the bluetooth icon in (hopper only) settings anymore either.

Jasonandsarah
Character Actor
I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I honestly cannot believe we're back to square one on this issue. First we had an estimated fix date, then it was pushed back (without us being told), then the second date just rolled on by with no fix, and the response? "We're aware of the problem and don't have an estimated fix date." Now we're being told the exact issue (audio with no video) is not a software problem???

FixItNow, I've found that anytime the Netflix issue is in effect. the Bluetooth audio feature isn't available, and the "Other Devices" icon is missing from the DVR menu too (for when you have an external drive hooked up for additional space for recordings). I've mentioned that these issues are related multiple times, but who knows if Dish is even actually paying attention anymore.

This is all so disappointing.

ZXNasty
Costume Designer
Alright this is just ridiculous. I have the issue every single day
GIVE US A FIX DATE! This is just beyond ridiculous how this is being handled. It's pathetic, and frankly insulting as a customer, at least for the moment, of dish.