Netflix not working on Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Netflix not working on Hopper 3

DISH Employee

Hello, Taessi. I understand dealing with this freezing issue with Netflix has been a pain. Our Engineering team has been working on a fix, and we do now have an approximate timeline when it will be resolved of 07/31. I do want to thank you for your patience with us as we work to permanently resolve this issue. 

Taessi
Character Actor
I appreciate all of you at dish for working on this and getting a fix.
Thank you,
Taessi

Knbird
Extra

Thanks CalebS for responding with a timeline of resolution for the Netflix/Hopper 3 issue.

DISH Employee

You're welcome, Knbird. I am glad we're so close to resolving it! 

DavHol
Extra

I have had this issue for over 1 year and a half now.  Every time I put the receiver in standby (i.e. hit the "power" button) and turn the receiver back on, if I try to watch netflix, the audio will come on for the chosen program but there is no video.  The ONLY way to fix this is to reboot the receiver!  I've done all the troubleshooting steps (reset Netflix, reset Hopper, etc.) and NOTHING works except rebooting.  I've reported this to Tech Support time and time again and all I get from them is "This is a known issue and we're working on it."  Netflix works just fine on the Joey but NOT on the Hopper3!  I'm so fed up with this "top of the line system" that I've gotten an Apple TV just so I can watch Netflix.  What a sad commentary on the state of the art.

Akscroller
Extra

Every time I put the receiver in standby (i.e. hit the "power" button) and turn the receiver back on, if I try to watch netflix, the audio will come on for the chosen program but there is no video.  The ONLY way to fix this is to reboot the receiver!  I've done all the troubleshooting steps (reset Netflix, reset Hopper, etc.) and NOTHING works except rebooting.  I've reported this to Tech Support time and time again and all I get from them is "This is a known issue and we're working on it."  Netflix works just fine on the Joey but NOT on the Hopper3! 

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Hello, Akscroller. I know this has been a really stressful to our members, and I want to thank everyone for their patience! We have an estimated timeline for the fix to this problem. It has been pushed back a little since the last time I had posted it. The update should be released on approximately 08/09. 

hophop22
Extra

not to pile on, but same issue here - Looking forward to the update to see if it solved the issue...

DISH Employee

We appreciate letting us know that you are also experiencing this issue, hophop22. If you would like, we would be happy to add your account information to this error report to make sure that your equipment is targeted with the update. Just send us a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit Pin on the account.

bemoses
Character Actor

Please add me to this frustration as well.  I've experienced this for a year now.  I see they state they may have a solution now by 8/9?  How will be be informed when this update is ready?  Did they ever state what the cause was?

Thank you,