Netflix not working on Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Netflix not working on Hopper 3

AFly
Extra
I don’t think it’s just Netflix, but all apps. This happens to me as well, but I can get out of it by hitting the “options” button and then the “info” button. After doing this I tried opening other apps like Pandora and it does the same thing. Only resetting the box allows the apps to work properly. I hope this info helps!

bud
Extra

I'm having the exact same problem............... NETFLIX great on 4 Joeys but wont work on Hopper.Has a solution for this? 

When I open Netflix on my Hopper 3 (software version U508) the Netflix screen comes up but the audio from whatever channel I had been on remains and it just hangs like that until I reset the Hopper. It does the same thing from Netflix app or if I access Netflix via channel 370. I’ve reset Netflix to factory default, checked internet speed (fine) and logged out of Netflix  but still happens. A daily hard restart of the Hopper is required. Joeys have no issues with Netflix. Any suggestions?

DISH Employee

bud, this is currently a known issue and our Engineer Team is working on recreating and finding a solution. Have you been able to reset Netflix to factory default on the Hopper?

To do this, press the "Home" button three times on the remote. Scroll down to "Tools", then select "Reset To Factory Defaults", then select "Reset Netflix To Defaults". Once it has done, unplug your receiver from the power outlet for 15 seconds and plug back in. Let us know if this helps! 

Knbird
Extra
I have tried using the Home button with factory default and unplugging the Hopper for 15 seconds. No success. Why is this taking so long to fix?? I have had this problem for over a year.
Highlighted

Jasonandsarah
Character Actor
Add us to the long list of users experiencing this issue. If it helps, we've noticed that other options are also unavailable- bluetooth audio disappears as an option in the Settings menu, and DVR menu no longer offers the Other Devices button either (where we can access our external drive). A hard reset is rarely ever successful on the first try, but once Netflix works again after a hard reset, we also have Bluetooth and Other Devices as options again. We've noticed that this happens every day- specifically each morning, Other Devices is gone from the DVR menu again, so we know Netflix won't work either (yes we've tested this). A long time ago, we turned off the Inactivity Timeout option (Settings/Power) in hopes it would help this, to no avail. In this same menu, there is no option to turn off the Daily Reset Time, so my hunch is this is the problem. Ours is set to 1am, so my guess is the disconnection from Netflix, Bluetooth, and Other Devices is all related to this Daily Reset somehow. Perhaps the relation of these issues can help you guys get this ridiculous issue figured out for us all.

DISH Employee

Hello Jasonandsarah. Thank you so much for all of that information. I will definitely like to get your account information added to the list for this error. Can you please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit Pin so I may do so?

To send a Private Message:
1. Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.
2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
3. Click Compose New Message.
4. Enter the recipient's name (JasmineD) in the Send to area.
5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
7. Then click Send Message

Jasonandsarah
Character Actor
Done- thank you for the response. I just did more digging in the Diagnostics menu, and the Inactivity Timeout there still says 8 hours (even though I've set it to Off multiple times in the Power menu). Just wanted to mention.

Christinec
Extra
I’ve been having the same issue for months now. Netflix audio only! So frustrating to have to reset receiver every time I use.

DISH Employee

Hello, Christinec. I know how frustrating it is to have to reset your box to resolve an on-going issue. I did want to let you know that we did have a scheduled fix for your issue that comes out on approximately, 07/31. Thank you so much for your patience!

Taessi
Character Actor
I am getting the same problem with Netflix. Very annoying.

I have tried all the above fixes, however they only work on the first start of Netflix, but once you exit and restart Netflix the video freezes and only plays sound from the previous channel I was on.

Model Hopper 3
Software U517 5/31/2018
boot strap 1012

Oh and my joeys don't have this problem just the main box hopper 3.

Thank you,
Taessi