cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Netflix not working on Hopper 3 - ongoing 8 month old issue

logdog
Visual Engineer

I've been having an intermittent issue with Netflix that I first reported on this forum more than 8 months ago. My Netflix locks up at the startup splash screen and I can hear dialog from the last show I was watching. I have to pull the plug and reboot several times to get it working again. Of course that means whatever I am recording will have several 5 minute breaks.

A Dish member posted back in April that "this issue has been reported to our Engineering Team. Once a resolution has been reached, they will release the fix in a nightly update. At this time, we do not have an estimated time frame of when this will be resolved. At this time, the work around that we have is to reset Netflix back to its default setting, then reset the Hopper by unplugging it for 10 seconds from the electrical outlet then plugging it back, and then to reset all remaining Joeys by also unplugging for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in."

Now it's 4 months later and the issue still isn't fixed. Netflix is almost unusable under these conditions. Last night I had to go through the reboot process 4 times to watch a Netflix program.

Tags (1)
4 Replies

Re: Netflix not working on Hopper 3 - ongoing 8 month old issue

DISH Employee

Hello, Logdog. I definitely understand not having Netflix working like it should can be very frustrating. Our Engineering team is still working on a solution to this issue. At this point, we don't have an updated timeline when it will be fixed. I know it has been a while, and I appreciate the patience that you have shown as we work towards the solution to this issue. 

kellieb
Extra

SAME HERE!!!!! so frustrated that i pay for Dish and end up watching Netflix on my laptop 

WayneM
Character Actor

Same here reset after reset recorded program gaps , getting so sick of Dish [we are working on it] we are considering going back to direct TV as we have both dishes on the roof and a simple reconnect. Direct tv has offered us quite a deal to switch. If dish can't FIX this issue soon they will LOSE us as a costomer. Now days the companies don't seem to care about old customers, but almost romance new ones. Looks like switching every 2 years might be the answer.

DISH Employee

WayneM, we would certainly hate to lose you as a customer. I do understand there is no immediate solution for this known issue, but I assure you that our Engineer Team are actively working on finding a resolution. The feedback we receive is important as this will help us narrow down the issue.