Netflix no video

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix no video

SBridge
Extra

When trying to use Netflix we get sound but no picture. Restarting our Hopper3 usually temporarily fixes the issue. Restarting the box isn’t a viable solution to this issue. I’ve chatted with customer service and was told that it’s a known issue and that it wouldn’t be worked on until there were many complaints. It’s been weeks since my last contact and the problem still exists. I’m very disappointed in the lack of progress solving this problem.

5 Replies

Re: Netflix no video

DISH Employee

Hello, SBridge. I hate to hear that you're having an issue with your Netflix losing video. This is current issue our Engineering team is aware of and working towards resolving. I understand the length of resetting the box is not optimal. We have found that just closing the Netflix app and reopening it resolves this issue as well.

Jstnaj
Extra

Closing Netflix didn’t work for me. So sad. When will this be fixed

DISH Employee

Hello, Jstnaj. This particular work around is supposed to have great success for the issue posted above. The reason it may not be working as well for you is because, your issue may differ slightly. Are you noticing any differences like: freezing or buffering? 

Our Engineering team is working around the clock to get this resolved. As of right now, we do not have a timeline when this issue will be resolved as of yet.

joe_wht
Extra

HOLD UP !!    HOLD UP !!      You mean Your Netflix Actually TURNS ON ?????

WTF ...  The past 2 months (trying 3 to 4 times a week ) I select the Netflix Icon, the opening black background, red text

comes up.... AND STAYS -- it never opens.   I have to  F 'n RESET my Hopper

which does not help at all !!

... You mean You can actually get into the Dish - Netflix and select a movie ???

Well  God D-----

DISH Employee

Joe can you try resetting Netflix back to the factory defaults? To do this bring up the menu on your Hopper then select settings>diagnostics>tools>reset to factory defaults>reset Netflix to defaults. Click yes to confirm. After the reset try launching Netflix and see if there's any change. You may need to log back into the Netflix app.