Netflix is currently unavailable 1287

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Netflix is currently unavailable 1287

Tchap
Extra
Well it's been 3 months since this discussion was started and now my Netflix just quit! Any updates??

DISH Employee

Hello, Tchap. I hate to hear that Netflix just seemed to quit recently. Is this happening on your Hopper or your Joeys currently? Is it displaying the 1287 error message? 

dsutherlin
Extra
We too no longer have netflix. It says netflix is currently unavailable, try again later. It has now beem a week. We called Dish tech support and they walked us through resetting etc. then said it may take up to an hour and that was 2 days ago and now after that reset youtube and netflix both no longer work. Honestly we watch netflix more then our dish channels, I think it may just be better to cancel dish because our contract is up next month and just go with neyflix through our smart tv. It would be easier to access then it is now like this!

DISH Employee

Hello, dsutherlin. I know this issue with Netflix has more than a little bit frustrating. Our Engineering team is still hard at work trying to resolve this issue, and we thank you and all of our members for their patience. There may be some way we can help. Are you seeing the error message on your Hopper or one of your Joeys. 

Elc
Extra
I have tried this as well does not work.
Canceling Netflix. Not paying for something I can’t all of a sudden not use

mwhunter
Character Actor

Our Netflix was down for about 6-7 weeks. I did the re-starts everyday to see if my receivers would pick up on any new software updates, and nothing. I kinda gave up. I was going to go down and purchase a streaming device. Then about 10 days ago, it ALL came back! Hopper and Joey's all have Netflix now. I didn't do anything.  I was going to give it another month because if I cancelled, then I would never know if it got corrected.

It appears the wait worked, for me at least. It's frustating as all get out but my receivers finally grabbed onto the fix. Good luck to you all who this is so annoying for, it sure was for me. // Phoenixmike 

Timmdy
Extra

I just got off the phone with support & all I had to do is do a partial reset on the Hopper then let the programming redownload to get Netflix working. If anyone is having troubles call Dish support and they will get you going.

I was having the same problem on both my Joeys and Hopper. I went through Diagnostics and did an update and everything's working now