Netflix is currently unavailable 1287

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Netflix is currently unavailable 1287

RP
Audio Engineer

I have tried everything suggested and MORE. Nothing works, still no netflix, thinking of dumping DISH. Sad because I used to like them......

DISH Employee

The 1287 issue is being investigated by our engineering team, but the app should still show up. If it's not, try resetting the main box by unplugging it from the power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. If this doesn't at least restore the Netflix app to the Apps screen, please send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN so I can submit this feedback for you as well.

JP
Extra

I am having the same problem.  I guess it even more frustrating when you talk to the Dish reps.  They act like you are the only person with the problem, until you tell them that you have been reading that the problem is systematic. I have been a customer for over 20 years, but I think it's time to see if I can get better customer service elsewhere. I am certainly not going to wait around indefinately for them to figure it out.

I wonder if they would be as patient as they expect me to be, if I didn't pay my bill in a timely manner.

RP
Audio Engineer

For Dish not to give us credit on our bill is illegal. Dish prides itself on the NETFLIX-DISH integration, it is a marketing tool and it is part of what we all pay for. So I called Netflix and filed a report. Who is at fault here? Dish or Netflix? From what I understand, it is a DISH NETWORK software "glitch", that they have had "thousands of reports on " as well that the "engineers have been working on for months." I have not seen ONE person that has reported back to say "problem solved". What does that tell you? NETFLIX was working fine, until one day, the 1287 code popped up, and after massive troubleshooting, NOTHING! Dish told me that I have to wait two weeks (the last supervisor I spoke with said he had no idea, it could be months...) Depending on who you are speaking with, you get different answers, but what you NEVER get is the "problem SOLVED." I think I know the solution....I was going to cancel NETFLIX, but now Irealize, it's DISH that should be cancelled. Time to look for another company. 

Lynne713
Character Actor

Mine FINALLY started working last night

RP
Audio Engineer

How did your start working ? Mine is still not working. Yes, NETFLIX app is there on thescreen, just goes to the 1287 code every time. Reset everything daily, nothing is working

Lynne713
Character Actor

I did nothing (this time).  I just checked it AGAIN and it came on.  Hoping that it stays.

cmday8
Character Actor

This is really unacceptable for it to take weeks to fix this! Nothing has changed on my end so I don't understand. Can we not pay our whole bill amount because we aren't getting 100% service? I have all weekend off and was looking forward to watching Netflix, but guess what? I can't. And you say it may be weeks before its fixed? Really?  How many people is this affecting? On Facebook all these people are talking about watching this and that. If it's a software issue why is it not affecting everyone? Gives me another reason to switch companies

RP
Audio Engineer

How long was NETFLIX not working for you, may I ask? It's been 2 weeks for us.

RP
Audio Engineer

I think thousands of us are in the same position........we cannot access NETFLIX at all. What gives??????? and why do the techs keep saying "We cannot give an estimated time as to when the problem will be fixed." So will it still be broken in a year?