Netflix is currently unavailable 1287

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Netflix is currently unavailable 1287

Jnewt
Extra
So is Netflix still unavailable for you? I just noticed this a couple days ago. I’ve unplugged and restarted and still the same.

DISH Employee

Hello, Jnewt. It does appear that there may be an issue with Netflix impacting several members. We are aware of the issue and our Engineering Team is working on a fix as we speak. Right now, we do not have an exact date when this fix will be pushed through. We highly appreciate your patience as we work towards solving this. 

We do have a work around you could try. It has been reported that it does work from some customers. Can I have you unplug all of the receivers in the home, starting with the Hopper please? We want them to all be unplugged at the same time for at least 10 seconds, then plug them back in starting with the Hopper. After they finish coming back online, at the Hopper, press the Menu button twice then go to Tools> Reset to Factory Defaults> select Netflix.  

I hope this helps! 

Lynne713
Character Actor

After multiple calls and chats from 'support' one 'tech' finally tells me this is a known issue.  For as long as this has been an issue, I think a refund is due to those of us that are having the problem.  When I asked, I got a whopin' $5 off.  Maybe if they had to give more of us this adjustment, it would encourage them to find that work around faster.

RP
Audio Engineer
Spoiler
DISH does not have a software fix for NETFLIX becoming UNAVAILABLE, it's not just YOU

EVERYONE  (meaning DISH customers) is having trouble accessing NETFLIX whether you have a Joey or a Hopper, or Hopper with Sling. Netflix said that it is a software glitch, they have been working on it since March, etc. etc. ect. The ironic thing about this is that our NETFLIX became UNAVAILABLE (Code 1297) 3 days ago. Basically , nothing DISH can do about it. The the tech (from India) started tellig me that NETFLIX is only COMPLIMENTARY so it doesn't matter. WHAT??????????????? NETFLIX  advertised on the  DISH console is major advertising for them! It's their whole MARKETING TOOL! So really? I talked to a supervisor (english) and he explained that DISH actually doesn't know what is going on and they don't know where the problem is coming from and they are working on PATCHES for the software to get us all up and running with NETFLIX again! It could take MONTHS! WOW!  Meantime, there goes my NETFLIX SUBSCRIPTION right? 

RP
Audio Engineer
Spoiler

EVERYONE  (meaning DISH customers) is having trouble accessing NETFLIX whether you have a Joey or a Hopper, or Hopper with Sling. Netflix said that it is a software glitch, they have been working on it since March, etc. etc. ect. The ironic thing about this is that our NETFLIX became UNAVAILABLE (Code 1297) 3 days ago. Basically , nothing DISH can do about it. The the tech (from India) started tellig me that NETFLIX is only COMPLIMENTARY so it doesn't matter. WHAT??????????????? NETFLIX  advertised on the  DISH console is major advertising for them! It's their whole MARKETING TOOL! So really? I talked to a supervisor (english) and he explained that DISH actually doesn't know what is going on and they don't know where the problem is coming from and they are working on PATCHES for the software to get us all up and running with NETFLIX again! It could take MONTHS! WOW!  Meantime, there goes my NETFLIX SUBSCRIPTION right? 

RP
Audio Engineer
Spoiler
DISH does not have a software fix for NETFLIX becoming UNAVAILABLE, it's not just YOU

I am having the same problem on my Joey in my bedroom but It works on hopper. Anymore suggestions.

RP
Audio Engineer

No suggestions for Joey or Hopper. Ironically it worked for 3 years, now suddenly VANISHED! DISH says it's a known issue and they are "working on it", but nothing has changed over here, so oh well right?

RP
Audio Engineer

May I ask if you are still having the 1287 prob?

RP
Audio Engineer

"Impacting several members"???????????? You mean thousands of members right? When will this be fixed???? Anyone know anythig at DISH?