Netflix is currently unavailable 1287

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix is currently unavailable 1287

mavogaro
Extra
For the past month, I can't connect to Netflix with my Joey 2. All other VOD And internet services work fine. Any ideas?
Tags (3)
46 Replies

Re: Netflix is currently unavailable 1287

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
I would check connections and reset the joey and the app as well.

Netflix is working for my 3 joeys here...

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Can try connecting your Joey with the Hopper using a network LAN cable and see if this helps.

This is how I have my DISH system connected together.

DISH Employee
What happens when you're trying to view Netflix? Is it giving you an error, or not even loading?

mavogaro
Extra
Does not even load. Have reset Hopper and Joey, checked for updates and other Joey works. I know it's as easy as calling support but figured checking here was more simple.

DISH Employee
Can I have you press the Menu button twice at the Hopper and the Joey and tell me the software for both receivers?

Can I have you unplug all of the receivers in the home? We want them to all be unplugged at the same time for at least 10 seconds, then plug them back in starting with the Hopper. After they finish coming back online, at the Hopper, press the Menu button twice then go to Tools> Reset to Factory Defaults> select Netflix.

Once this is finished, it will reset the Netflix App so you'll need to log back in.

Birdsongl
Extra
I ha e followed all of the steps listed here and my hopper still says currently unavailable 1287. Help anyone?

Mollipatton
Extra
We are having this issue also, and the suggested workaround steps do not in fact resolve the issue. What good is this service? The menu keeps boasting on repeat that with the hopper 3 you can "access Netflix without even changing inputs!" LIE. How about a refund for false advertising until service is fixed. Not to mention the dish remote will not navigate smart TV functions and allow us to use the built in Netflix app. Thanks Dish...

DISH Employee

Hello Mollipatton. At this time the 1287 is a known issue that the Engineer Team is aware of. If the work around did not work. We will need to wait for them to resolve this with a software update. We do not have a specific date for the fix release, but we do greatly appreciate your patience. 

With the remote, I will be more than happy to work on that with you. If you have the original TV remote, you can go to Menu>Settings> Remote Control> TV> Teach Commands> Add Commands
Place the remotes as displayed on the screen, and try to teach the DISH remote the TV remote commends if previously the Wizard was not successful. 

Nyorton
Extra
I have had this same problem for weeks. None of these steps work. Still not working.