Netflix is currently unavailable 1287

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Netflix is currently unavailable 1287

JMPUSATERI
Extra
We can get Netflix at the HOPPER, but the JOEY's cannot. The JOEY's get the 1287 error. I have rebooted the Hopper, then the Joey's

RP
Audio Engineer

We cannot get Netflix to work  and still getting  the 1287 code. Called DISH today, and they said they have :no time frame, engineers are working on it", and yes it could take a year. Wait, what? So I pulled the trigger, going with Cox, they have the Netflix app as well, and they have a screaming 2 year deal. Internet @ 300 mbps (*which I already have and it's the bomb) , phone, Contour TV  with voice activated remote, yes! PLUS  4 premium channels including equipment  rental, FREE pro installation (they will even hook up my surround sound system!) NICE! Called Dish to tell them why I am cancelling and they were a bit snotty to me. Still telling me that they don't know why NETFLIX is not working!

Keenta
Extra
Mine Joey hasn’t been able to connect to Netflix for a couple weeks now. Did all the suggestions I’ve read to do and finally had tech support work on it. He finally admitted that it’s a known problem and they’ve been working on it and hope to have it resolved in 24 business days from now.

Gkc
Extra

Tried the above and it did not work.  Netflix works on the hopper and not on the joey.  Any timeline for a fix.

tkainz
Extra

Similar but opposite issues with me - I can get Netflix on my Joeys but not on the Hopper. This, also has been going on for months  I've also noticed that the hopper has been really lagging over the past 6 months to where I can press on a remote key and it can take as long as a sec or two before the keypress is registered on the screen.  Part of me is wondering if Dish is doing this stuff as a means to get me to upgrade my hopper and thus enticing me into a new 2 year contract and higher rates. For the time being I bought a cheap Google dongle for my TV and I'm 'casting' the netflix movie from my cell phone to the TV.  Dish is one of the worse companies when it comes to fixing issues like these.  The idea that they can't figure it out within a few days if not a few weeks tells me that they're really fixated on getting their fees and not too concerned about having happy customers.

mwhunter
Character Actor

I had been able to connect to Netflix on my Hopper and both Joey receivers until two days ago. Then I found that I was no longer able to access Netflix on my Joey receiver. I called Netflix technical support. I unplugged this, restarted that, reset this buttion and that buttion, restarted my new $300 5G modem. Nothing worked. They blamed DISH.

I then called DISH technical support. They blamed Netflix.

Same thing. Went through all the steps, again, had the tech come into my DISH Hopper and take over the screen. She recommended that I do a complete software upgrade, would take a full hour to make the change, and we went for it.

This was on my Hopper which I had Netflix working perfectly fine on. When this magical upgrade was finished and I had the newest best software update on my Hopper, update # U700, I now discovered that I am now unable to watch Netflix on my Hopper because I now get the "Netflix Not Available 1287".

It's the old saying  'Should have left well enough alone",  because thanks to this new and improved update U700, I can't watch Netflix at all. I'm serious, nothing.

DISH and Netflix, this is getting really annoying. Glad your software engineers are not responsible for making sure our country's missile defense systems are up and working. So how do I get my once working Hopper working on Netflix again. Sigh. 

RP
Audio Engineer

I love it when I get an email from Dish, click the post to your logged post and get NOTHING. So keep in mind I went out of my way to  answer to your post. I had to search for it on the DISH BLOG. That being said.... There is no magic bullet. I started this thread about 6 weeks ago, and several others just like it. I went through everything that you did. I could not get NETFLIX. I called them, I called DISH several times. I tried EVERYTHING. One day I decided to reboot the system again, the I left it alone overnight. The next day, when I turned on the TV there it was... NETFLIX! So I logged into Netflix and everything has been working ever since. I cannot tell you why or how it happened, because I had repeated these steps (the same steps that you have taken)  with ZERO results. All I can say is to make sure you report YOUR IP and account number to both DISH and NETFLIX. I told DISH I was cancelling them , I even set up another provider for an install, and I was done. Moving on. Ironically, the day before my NEW INSTALL< Dish had me up and going again with NETFLIX. Just keep trying is all I can say, because the last  reboot actually worked.

BradB
Extra
I'd like to add my name to the list... I'm also getting the 1287 error, and have been for several weeks. Come on Dish, get your act together.

mwhunter
Character Actor

My Hopper and Joey's are also still unable to access Netflix. The old "1287" code. I have to say though that in contacting DISH customer service, while their techs are still unable to correct whatever is causing this problem that is annoying everyone, their customer service staff have been great in their contact with me. Last week, they put $50.00 credit on my DISH account and stated that if I desired, I could go down and purchase a ROKU or FIRE STICK streaming device, which sell for under $50, and plug it into the HDMI jack of my primary TV set. Access to Netflix is there, plus access to a lot more!

On different evaluations, the Amazon FIRESTICK was rated #1, on other sites, the ROKU Streamking Stick is rated #1. The FIRESTICK is selling for $39.00, the ROKU for $50.00. There are upgraded models selling for a little more.

Access to Netflix via the ROKU or FIRE STICK is free (as long as you have a Netflix account, whiich you have otherwise you wouldn't be on this webpage). Is it going to provide Neflix to all tv's in a home, no, but it's sure better than a kick in the pants, at least they offered something. The techs at DISH should call Elon Musk and ask him, I'll bet his engineers could figure this out between space shots. :-) 

Highlighted

RP
Audio Engineer

You are the very first person that I have seen DISH willing to do anything for you. GOOD FOR you and thanks for all of the information!