Netflix fails to start

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix fails to start

BobHam
Character Actor
I am a VERY long-term customer. Since receiving my Hopper 3, when I open APPS and select NETFLIX the program sound continues to play, while the video displays the Netflix logo, and the receiver freezes. Nothing on the remote works, besides the volume. I have to reset the Hopper, then HOPE it works the next time. Sometimes it will work the next time, and sometimes it does the same thing again. I can tell if it is going to work because when it operates properly, the program sound goes off.
Please help. This is extremely frustrating.
12 Replies

Re: Netflix fails to start

BobHam
Character Actor
One more thing... I have excellent internet with 50Mbps bandwidth. It did the same when I had 20Mbps.

bargor
Extra
I have the same problem with the Netflix App on my Hopper 3. After a reset, most of the time I can login and going to Netflix Settings shows that it connects to the towers and shows a speed of 34 Mbps. I can always login to Netflix on both on my Joeys. I access Netflix either by channel 370 or the schedule menu. If the sound continues to play on the previous channel with a RED Netflix logo showing on the screen then 100% of the time the Hopper Freezes. When the Hopper has been off for awhile, hours to the next day, the problem re-occurs. I have tried both wifi and network cable.

I have a LG 4K TV and I can always access Netflix and it shows a speed on 34 Mbps on the settings position. Using my Apple TV and the speedtest.net app I'm getting (in the same location) 100 Mbps.

And YES, I have tried unplugging the Hopper, reloading the Netflix App, logging out of Netflix and back-in again. AND reseting the Hopper many many many times.

DISH Employee
The issue of Netflix freezing and/or buffering as well as not being available is being reported. In the case of the Audio continuing when opening it through the App is something I want to personally look into. When you reset the Hopper 3 and allow it to regain programming and then attempt to open the Netflix app, will the Audio issue still persist? What is the Software Version of the Hopper 3 you currently have?

BobHam
Character Actor
Mike,
When Netflix starts normally, the program sound goes off. When I start Netflix, and the on-screen program sound continues while the Netflix logo is displayed, then the Hopper is frozen. I have checked my internet status before starting Netflix, and it always shows my internet connected normally.

My Hopper software version is: U345 3/8/2017.233AM

bargor
Extra
My hopper is behaving the same as BobHam.
Hopper software version is: U345 3/6/2017 10:28PM

VanessaK
Camera Crew
Do you have the Blue or Black background on your guide screen? This is a known issue that our engineers are already aware of and are working on a fix. If you would like to provide your phone number and four digit security code in a private message, I would be more than happy to report you are also having the issue.

bargor
Extra
Hi VansessaK

Black background on the guide.
There is currently a case number with tech support. I sent it to you via private message.

BobHam
Character Actor
Black background on my guide. Will private mail information.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
I watched Netflix last nite on my system. Was able to get int and watch a video.

How do you have your Hopper and Joeys connected. Might review my configuration and see if you can test with using LAN cable with the Hopper and Joeys. Been working well using this configuration for years.