Netflix app stops playing after just a few minutes

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix app stops playing after just a few minutes

dgpalmer17
Extra
I live in the Sierra Foothills. My only option for Internet access is Hughes Net, I use AirPort Extreme for wifi access in my home. For the last couple of years I have been streaming Netflix via Dish and Amazon and Acorn TV via Roku, all connected on wifi. Everything worked perfectly. Until I upgraded my Dish system to the Hopper 3 with a Joey 2. The Netflix app has not worked properly on Dish ever since. I can enter the app, select my movie, it starts playing and within 5-9 minutes I receive an error message saying "Your device may not be connected to the Internet. Please make sure your connection is working and try again". When I check my network connection all appears to be working. I'm wondering if this is a communication issue between the Hopper and my AirPort Extreme? I have been in touch with Dish and they tell me it's a speed issue. I do not believe this as all streaming apps on the Roku still function perfectly, including Netflix. Does anyone know of a fix for this?
2 Replies

Re: Netflix app stops playing after just a few minutes

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
If your having issues with Netflix and your Hopper is connected wifi, try connecting the Hopper to the main host router via LAN cable and see how Netflix works for you.

I watched Dr Strange just the other night. However mines connected via LAN cable.

What wireless radio is the Hopper connected too? 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz?

Re: Netflix app stops playing after just a few minutes

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Any process on this? :shock:

dgpalmer17 wrote:
I live in the Sierra Foothills. My only option for Internet access is Hughes Net, I use AirPort Extreme for wifi access in my home. For the last couple of years I have been streaming Netflix via Dish and Amazon and Acorn TV via Roku, all connected on wifi. Everything worked perfectly. Until I upgraded my Dish system to the Hopper 3 with a Joey 2. The Netflix app has not worked properly on Dish ever since. I can enter the app, select my movie, it starts playing and within 5-9 minutes I receive an error message saying "Your device may not be connected to the Internet. Please make sure your connection is working and try again". When I check my network connection all appears to be working. I'm wondering if this is a communication issue between the Hopper and my AirPort Extreme? I have been in touch with Dish and they tell me it's a speed issue. I do not believe this as all streaming apps on the Roku still function perfectly, including Netflix. Does anyone know of a fix for this?