Netflix and Joey2 problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix and Joey2 problem

stevenmac1956
Audio Engineer
After watch netflix on Hopper 3 my DSL connection locks up and the picture on the Joey 2 is lock up. Sound will change when changing channels. Both Joey 2 and my router have to be reset.
Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Netflix and Joey2 problem

DISH Employee
We have found the best way to fix this issue is by doing a whole whole reset them doing a factory reset to Netflix. Here are the steps for both of these process:

Whole Home reset: Unplug all the Joey's and leave them unplugged. While they are unplugged you need to unplug the Hopper for 10 seconds. Once the Hopper says "Starting Up" then you can plug all the Joey's back in. This order is important. Once they are all up and running then you can do the factory reset.

Netflix Factory reset: Press the House button on your remote 3 time to get to the Diagnostics screen. Go down to Tolls and select Reset to Factory Defaults. On the next screen, select Reset Netflix To Defaults, then click on Yes on the pop-up.

These steps should take care of the issue you are having with your receivers while On Netflix.
21 Replies

DISH Employee
We have found the best way to fix this issue is by doing a whole whole reset them doing a factory reset to Netflix. Here are the steps for both of these process:

Whole Home reset: Unplug all the Joey's and leave them unplugged. While they are unplugged you need to unplug the Hopper for 10 seconds. Once the Hopper says "Starting Up" then you can plug all the Joey's back in. This order is important. Once they are all up and running then you can do the factory reset.

Netflix Factory reset: Press the House button on your remote 3 time to get to the Diagnostics screen. Go down to Tolls and select Reset to Factory Defaults. On the next screen, select Reset Netflix To Defaults, then click on Yes on the pop-up.

These steps should take care of the issue you are having with your receivers while On Netflix.

So what button would it be for the Hopper 2 and remote 40? Cause it doesn't have a home button.

DISH Employee

Hello, equestriancolt. With the 40.0 remote, you would press the Menu button twice to get to the Diagnostics screen. Go down to Tools and select Reset to Factory Defaults. On the next screen, select Reset Netflix To Defaults, then click on Yes on the pop-up. 

mbrumfield
Extra

WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG FOR DISH TO FIX NETFLIX?

DISH Employee

Hi, mbrumfield! I hate to hear you're having issues with Netflix. Are you experiencing the issue with the Joey freezing up after exiting Netflix? If so, were you able to try the Whole Home Reset and resetting the Netflix App to resolve this?

RP
Costume Designer

First of all I don't have Joeys, Just Hopper with Sling. Secondly, while I was on the phone with DISH tech support, we did all of those with ZERO results, other than I had to go in afterward to reset all of my settings. 

RP
Costume Designer

Still no NETFLIX. Can I get a new HOPPER? Would that solve the problem? Still getting the uavailable 1287 code

DISH Employee

Is Netflix the only App affected, or are you getting errors on other Internet related features like Pandora or On Demand?

RP
Costume Designer

NF is the only problem (oh and You tube) . DVR records.