Netflix and All other Apps are not Working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix and All other Apps are not Working

Netflix and all of other apps do not work on my Hopper or Joey receivers. Video on demand does not work either. I went through all of the troubleshooting steps suggested on this forum including resetting all of the receivers but it still does not work. The internet connection is working properly so I know that is not the issue. Hopper is connected to the internet wirelessly and shows no issues on the Hopper but the Apps are not working. Please help because I am paying monthly for this and it should work properly.

Thanks,

Addie
10 Replies

Re: Netflix and All other Apps are not Working

DISH Employee
addiegoodwin55 wrote:
Netflix and all of other apps do not work on my Hopper or Joey receivers. Video on demand does not work either. I went through all of the troubleshooting steps suggested on this forum including resetting all of the receivers but it still does not work. The internet connection is working properly so I know that is not the issue. Hopper is connected to the internet wirelessly and shows no issues on the Hopper but the Apps are not working. Please help because I am paying monthly for this and it should work properly.

Thanks,

Addie

Hello Addie. Was your Hopper just installed? If it was just installed, it can take up to 72 hours for all of the features download and provide full functionality. . It downloads softwear nightly about 1am.

Hello Mark,

The receivers were not just installed. We have had it for several weeks now. That is obviously not the issue. Every time I click the Netflix app it gives the "Netflix is encountered a problem" message and I run the network test it say the internet connection is fine but the receiver(s) Joey(s) and Hopper is not connecting to the Netflix servers. When I try to connect to the Weather Channel it takes me to the multichannel view. Also when I try the video on demand I get a error message saying it cannot connect to the server. I have read other post on this issue and it looks like other dish customers are having the same issue with these receivers. Please fix this or point me to a possible solution.

Thanks,

Addie

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
How is the Hopper connected to the internet?
Connected to router with a LAN cable or wireless? LAN cable is recommended for best performances.
What is the Mfr and model # of the ISP modem and main host router?
What is your ISP speed you pay for UP and Down?

Been watching Netflix here and been working well. Check my configuration for additional information. Might see if anything helps.

Hello,

So what you are saying is that I have to run a LAN cable across my floor (very inconvenient) from my router to my Hopper so that Netflix and other Apps will work on the Hopper and Joey receivers. Why won't these Apps work thru my wireless network?? The receivers are suppose to be state of the art. That is like going back in time for the purpose of getting these Apps to work on these receivers. Dish really needs to get it together, otherwise you guys are going to lose a lot of customers to DirecTV and cable companies like Spectrum. Think about it, why would anyone want a Hopper or Joey if they do not work as advertised? My internet speed (up and down) is plenty fast enough so please do not try to tell me that is the issue because I know that it is NOT. Just admit that the problem is a design flaw of these receivers that is preventing these Apps from connecting and working as they should.

Thanks,

Addie

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Have had no issue with internet or apps on my previous Hopper w/Sling or my Hopper 3 (both wireless). There are some routers & internet providers that don't work well without tweaking their settings. Since none of the apps or On Demand are working I would assume it has something to do with the way your internet is configured, not your Hopper.
Either call Dish or contact one of the reps here (names in green). Probably not many working on a holiday weekend though.

ryancwill
Camera Crew
I just did the software upgrade and i get an error message when trying to access the apps. My guess is they will either show up when system updates tonight or there is an issue with apps in the new update. I have a first generation hopper and new update does not seem to work well on it at all. I am guessing in my case, this is same problem with apps.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Depending on our wireless router. And everything else thats connected to it. Wireless isn't great for streaming video, unless you have a good 5Ghz signal and good solid wifi router.

I suggested testing LAN cable connection to see if the problem stops or continues, the you'll know. Not saying you have to use LAN cable, however it's a test suggestion and over all, wired LAN cable has better performance that wifi can't touch. Why I use the configuration with out issue.

Hope DISH support can help you out. Good Luck.

addiegoodwin55 wrote:
Hello,

So what you are saying is that I have to run a LAN cable across my floor (very inconvenient) from my router to my Hopper so that Netflix and other Apps will work on the Hopper and Joey receivers. Why won't these Apps work thru my wireless network?? The receivers are suppose to be state of the art. That is like going back in time for the purpose of getting these Apps to work on these receivers. Dish really needs to get it together, otherwise you guys are going to lose a lot of customers to DirecTV and cable companies like Spectrum. Think about it, why would anyone want a Hopper or Joey if they do not work as advertised? My internet speed (up and down) is plenty fast enough so please do not try to tell me that is the issue because I know that it is NOT. Just admit that the problem is a design flaw of these receivers that is preventing these Apps from connecting and working as they should.

Thanks,

Addie

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
How is your Hopper connected to the internet? Main host router Mfr and model#
Have you done a reset on the Hopper and reset the netflix app as well, powered off then back on and test?
Test the Hopper directly connected via LAN cable to the main host router.

ryancwill wrote:
I just did the software upgrade and i get an error message when trying to access the apps. My guess is they will either show up when system updates tonight or there is an issue with apps in the new update. I have a first generation hopper and new update does not seem to work well on it at all. I am guessing in my case, this is same problem with apps.

dgpalmer17
Extra
Addie were you ever able to get a fix for this issue? I am having the same problem and the only answer that I seem to get is it is a wifi/speed issue.