Netflix UHD?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix UHD?

Scion142
Character Actor
Am I mistaken or did Netflix on the Hopper 3 at one time provide a 4K picture? In addition to the limitation of 2-channel stereo sound, I can't receive UHD video using the Hopper 3. UHD programming is offered in HD only. I have reset the Netflix application but no luck. Not really a big deal as the Smart Hub Netflix app on my Samsung provides UHD content and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound.
Tags (3)
6 Replies

Re: Netflix UHD?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Still showing 4K for me. Are you trying to watch it on the H3 or the Joey?

Scion142
Character Actor
This is the Netflix app on the Hopper 3. After I restore the app from within the Settings on the Hopper 3 I am able to receive UHD programming. However, after exiting the app after watching UHD content ("resuming session") if I open the Netflix app again, there is no UHD available. For some reason the Netflix app on the Hopper 3 can't consistently open the UHD stream when using the app (at least for me).

Jaguarcult
Extra
I know that the Hopper 3 does Not output HDR. I’m very curious about when DISH will start High Dynamic Range, hopefully they will choose Dolby Vision since it’s far superior to HDR 10.

Jag

ElCamino
Extra

I am having the exact same problem. I have to reset the entire Hopper3 to regain 4K Netflix.

You said " After I restore the app from within the Settings on the Hopper 3 I am able to receive UHD programming."

Since it appears a fix from Dish is not coming soon, can you explain how to restore just the Netflix app? Thanks.

DISH Employee

To restore the Netflix App to factory defaults, press the Menu button twice on your remote to get to the Diagnostics screen, then go to "Tools" on the left side of the screen. Select "Reset to Factory Defaults" and it will have the option to reset the Netflix App to Factory Defaults.

If you don't have a Menu button on your remote, press the Home button on your remote 3 times to get to the Diagnostics screen. 

ElCamino
Extra

I apprectiate the response since Dish chat said unpluging the Hopper3 was the only workaround and that tech people were unaware of a problem.

After resetting Netflix one has to sign-in again which would be simplier if the option to remember my Email worked.

It seems accessing Netflix directly from my smart TV and ignoring Dish is the best answer for the forseeable future.