Netflix Frozen with Dish channels Audio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Frozen with Dish channels Audio

Har1313
Extra
When attempting to start up the netflix app. The Screen freezes on the Netflix logo screen and still plays audio of whatever my last channel was. The only way to get the app to work it resetting the main box. This happens every day. HELP...
10 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Netflix Frozen with Dish channels Audio

logdog
Visual Engineer

This has been an on going problem for about 2 years now. Software update U525 was supposed to help stabilize Netflix but I installed it 5 days ago and experienced the same issue you describe last night. Sometimes I have to unplug my Hopper 3 several times before Netflix will load properly. Of course every time I unplug that causes 5 minute gaps in whatever I'm recording at the time.

Dish keeps saying that their engineers are working on this but again... it's been 2 years now so obviously not a priority. Dish also claims we are not paying for apps so it's not a big deal. However, I switched from DirecTV to Dish because of all the features on the Hopper 3 including the advertised app support that made this superior to DirecTV.

Har1313
Extra
Yea it's annoying. I interrupt everyone while they are watching tv. Their excuse is what many customers are getting. We might not be paying them but we are using their devices to watch other services that we do pay for. Their customer service is horrible. Always tells you to reset reset reset, that works one time then have to reset again.

DISH Employee

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out! I can absolutely understand why you would be frustrated with this. This is a current known issue and our Engineering Team is aware of the problem. They are actively working on finding what is causing this to find a resolution. If your account has not been added to our report, please send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit pin. This will allow us to target your account once a resolution has been found. 

Here is a link with steps on how to send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

OldManOBIE
Camera Crew

I have the same issue on a wired Joey. The main Hopper receiver plays fine, but the Joey freezes at the Netflix splash screen. Only way to do anything after that is to reboot.

OldManOBIE
Camera Crew

Don't ever send your PIN to someone in this type of forum. Very unprofessional if this person is actually a "Dish Employee". You can type whatever you want in your profile to mislead people. I typed in "Systems Engineer", but I could have just as easily typed in "Dish Support Tech" or something else misleading.

DISH Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us about your concerns, OldManOBIE. DISH takes our customers account security very serious! This is why we would only ask for account information in a private message to ensure that our customers account is secure and fraudulent free.

If you are worried that the person you are speaking to is not a Dish employee, just click this link: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039 and it will walk you through how to send a secure private message to us. 

jek
Extra

This happens to me as well.  If I reset Hopper, it works for a few times then freezes again and I have to reset again.  Very annoying.  Is there a fix yet out there?

DISH Employee

Jek, I am sorry to hear you are having issues starting the Netflix application. This is currently an ongoing issue, and is being investigated. To ensure your account is added to our list, can you send me a private message so that I can place your equipment on the investigation list?

Here are steps for sending a Private Message:

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Har1313
Extra
Jek, please do not send any information regarding your account. I've seen so many other customers asking about the same issue we have. The same answer is given , that they are aware of the issue and are working on it. The fact some have been waiting for over 2 years for a resolution is ridiculous.