Netflix App not working on Joeys

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Netflix App not working on Joeys

auntyj1976
Extra

After the third complaint, I was told there were only about 300 of us having this problem!!!  So another words we are not a priority according to the techs!  It is frustrating, not sure if I should cancel Netflix or Dish!!  If only 300 of us upgrade our equipment maybe???  To accommodate the loyal customers??

DISH Employee

Hi, auntyj1976. Can you tell me what specifically is happening to Netflix on the Joeys? Are you seeing an error message? 

My Netflix app stopped working on my wireless Joeys on Sunday.  I did notice that my Hopper updated its software that same day.  I get an error stating "Nextflix App currently unavailabe, try again later".  Is there any know issues, or preferably a fix that you can suggest?  I use the Netflix app on a daily basis and this is extremely frustrating.  

DISH Employee

shaneandrew24, is there an error code at the top of that message? Any issues at the Hopper? Additionally, most errors are fixed by unplugging the receiver from the power outlet for 15 seconds and back in. Have you had a chance to do that? 

timbre4
Extra

Hello - We have Hopper 3, one wired Joey on our network and just added a wireless Joey about two weeks agop. We have been using Netflix on the Hopper 3 and wired Joey for 2-3 years now. But this wireless Joey will only launch the Netflix app logo and then go to an error screen saying to check connection. I'm shown a red X next to Netflix servers despite refresh, re-starts to no avail. Tried a CAT5 ethernet cable and it still won't work.

I originally requested a wired Joey but was told that a $95 service visit charge was mandatory. Just to hook up a cable? See above I already did that. I just need a Joey unit that will support Netflix access w/o a needless service charge.

Thanks for listening, Tim (a 22 year DISH customer)

DISH Employee

timbre4, We want to make sure that you are able to utilize the feature on all compatible receivers. We have had reports of this happening not just on Wireless Joeys, but all Joey models. Since it is a software issue, we do not want to replace the Joey until we can troubleshoot a bit. May you please send a Private Message for further assistance. Thank you! 

timbre4
Extra

Hello - yes please send private message. Thanks

DISH Employee

BEP
Extra

I have 3 wired Joeys and 1 wireless Joey. When attemting Netflix, they get error message 1510 saying have to be connected to Internet. The Hopper 3 is connected to Internet and Netflix works fine. How to correct this?

DISH Employee

Hey there BEP! Have you already checked the "Bridging" option in the Hopper's settings? Shoot us a PM if you need any additional support looking in to things! We'll be happy to help.