Netflix App not working on Joeys

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Netflix App not working on Joeys

Bws2007
Extra
O and also y'all advertise that y'all have this feature you would think it would actually work so y'all false advertising

cks4301
Extra

Okay...six months since your respone, and still no Netflix on the wireless Joey. Still "working" on the problem? Any idea of an ETA on when you might have it fixed?

DISH Employee

Hello! At this time, we do not have a fix for this issue. We do apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to access your Netflix subscription through your DISH receiver, but you are still able to access it through any other compatible device. We appreciate your patience while we are working through this process.

If you would like to send us a PM, we would be happy to add your account to the list of people who are affected. You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

spancha
Extra
Wow - I've called Dish support multiple times and they don't seem to know that this is a widespread problem! I can't get the Netflix app to start on the wireless Joey - it gives an error code nw-1-1000. I spoke to Dish support, Netflix support and AT&T support - none of them indicated that this was a known issue.

ShariH
Extra

This is exactly what my new wireless Joey is doing. Netflix worked fine the first few days and now I get the Code: nw-1-1000 error message. Works fine on the Hopper and wired Joey. 

DISH Employee

ShariH, The nw-1-1000 will appear when the receiver is not detecting any internet connection to stream Netflix. When you try to use the Wireless Joey, do you get any error messages besides accessing Netflix? 

ShariH
Extra
No, when I open Netflix on the wireless Joey I see a black screen with the Netflix logo then it goes to the error screen. It shows no internet or network connection in the more details screen but when I look at the internet settings in the Joey it shows it's all connected. I can watch OnDemand. Dish said it's Netflix problem, Netflix says it's Dish problem! Help!!!

DISH Employee

Thanks, I appreciate that information. Even though its working properly on the other receivers besides this wireless Joey, lets go ahead and test the download speed for the broadband service the Hopper is receiving. Once at the Hopper lets use the Dish remote and press the SAT button> Home>>Home> Home> Status>Send Status> Test Connections. Once all done please provide the "Downloading at" field information.

JKTX
Extra

I am. Netflix works on main TV, but when I try to access on Joey, screen goes blank. Have waited for 10 min to see if something happens. I have restarted the Joey several time but no luck. Normal Dish TV works fine.

DISH Employee

Hello JKTX. I hate to hear that Netflix is working properly on your Joey. I know I would definitely be a little frustrated by that myself. I will be happy to help find out what's causing this issue. Are you hearing any sound from the channel that you were watching previously on this black screen by chance?