Netflix App not working on Joeys

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Netflix App not working on Joeys

DISH Employee

Emorylane, we definitely want to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Our Engineering Team will continue to work on reaching a resolution. Thank you for your patience during this time. 

Wild
Extra

I have a Hopper, one wired Joey and three wireless Joey's. Netflix works on the Hopper, the wired Joey and one wireless Joey. Won't connect to the other 2 wireless Joey's even though Internet signal strength is 92 at both. Very frustrating. Netflix works fine when I connect my Amazon Fire Stick to either of the 2 'non-working' Joey tv's. And now the TV screen is enlarged when using Netflix on the wired Joey and can't figure out how to adjust it.

DISH Employee

Wild, are you able to use your TV remote to change the format of the picture on the TV while watching Netflix?

Dj
Extra
I can't get Netflix on my Joey either. I used to buy it only shows up on my main TV that has the hopper. Won't work on the Joey anymore. It used to work on it .

DISH Employee

I'd be happy to add you to the list of people affected by this issue, DJ! Can you send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN so I can get this submitted?

You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Iv'e had this issue ever since last November 2017 after my wife and i returned from visiting Grandkids for Thanksgiving and Dishes salution is go buy a roku and hook it up to your tv and watch netflix. this has been the only thing they have said to me after i had comcast techs and dish techs in my house at the same time and none of them can explain why this is happening, yet before wife and i left it was working fine no problems. My Hopper getsnetflix just fine no problems even says the internet is connected,correct IP address and all. Turn on the tv in our bedroom hit the netflix app and oh look no netflix servers connected and incorrect IP address. Now here is the big kicker, i stopped my netflix account for like 3 months, just hooked it back up again at wife's request, signed into my account on the TV in living room on hopper no problems, went into our bedroon did same thing, everything was working just fine then next day BOOM and here we are again same issue starting all over again.

DISH Employee

That's some great feedback we can tell the engineers, knighthawk257! please send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN so I can let them know.

You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Spydud
Extra
Our Hopper works with Netflix and the joeys have stopped working with it also. Our Joeys display a message to connect to broadband....! They just recently stopped working withon the last 30 days.

DISH Employee

Do you know the 3- or 4-digit number on the error message you're getting? If it's the one I'm thinking of, it just means the Joey isn't "seeing" the Hopper and we can troubleshoot accordingly.

Bws2007
Extra
Here is probably you issue on the Netflix app it shows the wireless lan of a 169.254.93.49 or something of that nature of it address. The DNS shows the correct address of my wireless network so the app is not bridging to the binded ip address of the wireless Joey or other boxes so maybe if you enable the bridging option on the Joey's might correct your issue just a little input that the engineering team could try