Netflix App not working on Joeys

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix App not working on Joeys

Cdfranc
Extra
Is anyone else having issues accessing the Netflix app on Joeys?
12 Replies

Re: Netflix App not working on Joeys

DISH Employee

Are you getting an error message when you open the App or is it buffering or freezing on the screen?

GRB1959
Costume Designer

Nope, I use the Netflix application via my Joeys on a daily basis and it works perfectly.

RP
Costume Designer
Spoiler
DISH does not have a software fix for NETFLIX becoming UNAVAILABLE, it's not just YOU

EVERYONE  (meaning DISH customers) is having trouble accessing NETFLIX whether you have a Joey or a Hopper, or Hopper with Sling. Netflix said that it is a software glitch, they have been working on it since March, etc. etc. ect. The ironic thing about this is that our NETFLIX became UNAVAILABLE (Code 1297) 3 days ago. Basically , nothing DISH can do about it. The the tech (from India) started tellig me that NETFLIX is only COMPLIMENTARY so it doesn't matter. WHAT??????????????? NETFLIX  advertised on the  DISH console is major advertising for them! It's their whole MARKETING TOOL! So really? I talked to a supervisor (english) and he explained that DISH actually doesn't know what is going on and they don't know where the problem is coming from and they are working on PATCHES for the software to get us all up and running with NETFLIX again! It could take MONTHS! WOW!  Meantime, there goes my NETFLIX SUBSCRIPTION right? 

DISH Employee

Hey, RP! Yes, this is a known issue that our Engineering Team is still researching to find a resolution, and we haven't been given a timeline on when it will be fixed. We do apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to access your Netflix subscription through your DISH receiver, but you are still able to access it through any other compatible device. We do appreciate your patience while we are working through this process.

I know right

RP
Costume Designer

Yes and there is no end in sight, Dish keeps repeating the same thing over and over"We are aware of the issue." Here's what gets me. They market DISH based on NETFLIX is on the console, and claim they are the only ones. Has anyone decided to contact NETFLIX? Did NETFLIX drop dish?

RP
Costume Designer

Adding to the post: Some customers have been without NETFLIX app for months, and if this is an ongoing issue with no resolve in sight, shouldn't we find another way to get NETFLIX? As in  getting another subdcriber? To have the issue for months, DISH claiming it is a "software oops". They also claimed that it is "random", (this is what a supervisor told me today) and because the issue is random, they cannot fix the "glitch". So why was it working 3 days ago for the past few years, then suddenly it VANISHED?

RP
Costume Designer

Yes Dish, if this is a KNOWN ISSUE, then why don't you fix it? Better yet, you have FALSE advertising at the moment (well all of 2018) claiming that you are the only sattelite company with NETFLIX on your console. Well what good does it do to have NETFLIX on your console, but inoperative? That's like saying you have $500.00 bucks in your bank account, but no access to it!

Emorylane
Extra

DISH - My kids love this advertised feature.  Fix it soon