cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix App error 1287

carbfrze
Character Actor

Hello all,

I am also among the user who can no longer access the Netflix app on our Hopper 3 box.  I can however still access it on our wireless Joey.  Not sure if that could help the engineers figure out the problem or not.

I to have asked for a credit on my account.  Here is what I was told by a Dish CSR:
"Ashley_OPID_7TO (01:33:05 GMT) : After reviewing the conversation with the last agent they did not state that a credit could be requested. Unfortunately since this is a known issue with Netflix we are not able to give out credits for it. 
Ashley_OPID_7TO (01:35:18 GMT) : I have submitted your account to our back office team. There is not currently a timeline as to when the issue will be resolved. 
Marc Nice (01:35:31 GMT) : My Netflix works on all my other devices except for my Dish Hopper.
Ashley_OPID_7TO (01:36:19 GMT) : That may be so but it is a known issue with Netflix and our equipment. It has been reported thousands of times so we are aware of the issue we are just working on a solution to resolve it. "

Not sure what my response to this should be.

So basically it is a known issue between Netflix and the Hopper but Dish is taking no responsibility for the error.  If you have had thousands of reports of this issue, shouldn't you consider giving your paying customers a credit for a feature that is one of the big pushes for your sales?

Just my $.02

Tags (2)
34 Replies

Re: Netflix App error 1287

Chadt4141
Casting Director
But you do not pay Dish anything for Netflix. No credit is due if you do not pay for it.

carbfrze
Character Actor

That is a good point.  However Netflix is listed as an integrated App on the Dish homepage.  If an integrate part of Dish's service is not working and they have had thousands of complaints on the issue, I would think they would want to do their best to ensure that their customers are satisfied with an integrated part of their service that appears to work on every other device except for the Hopper. 

But I guess if you look at it from Dish's point of view, they do not want to fork out thousands of dollars to their customers.

Something I forgot to mention on my original message. I asked if they could notify me when they have a timeline on the fix or when the issue has been resolved.  This is a simple mass email message that could be sent to customers to notify them of the resolution.  But I guess that is not an option.

"Marc Nice (01:37:47 GMT) : Ok. Can you email me as soon as you know of a timeline for the fix please?
Ashley_OPID_7TO (01:41:43 GMT) : I wish that was an option that we have, however we don't have that ability. We are working on it with Netflix currently. I would give it a week or two and if it is still not working contact us back to see if there is anything new. Once we can figure out how to fix it we will force update the equipment which will resolve it for you. "

DISH Employee

carbfrze, that is a great idea and we appreciate your feedback on ways we can improve our communication with our customers regarding known issues. We'll keep this in mind for our next brainstorm session!

RP
Costume Designer

still waiting for NETFLIX to come back on line, not working at all 1287 code. Come on engineers, how hard can this be?

DISH Employee

RP, the timeliness of the resolution depends on what the issue is and the resolution needed, which is why we cannot guarantee a time by which this issue will be resolved. The Engineering Team will continue working on resolving the issue as soon as possible, and we definitely thank you for your patience during this time. 

cmday8
Character Actor

Maybe they need smarter engineers so the problem can be fixed quicker?

LongTimeUSER
Character Actor

Same problem for me.  Doesn't work on the MAIN box, but DOES work on the remote box (via Joey) upstairs.  When I last talked to DISH, they said it was a "known problem" that they were working on to fix.  Said they'd been aware of the 1287 issue since DECEMBER (It's now JUNE).

Tried telling me it was my internet connection (BS).  I even re-set that to no avail.

Called Netflix, and they said it was a problem on THEIR end (which doesn't seem correct to me), but they didn't have a fix either, other than re-setting my ISP (which I've done).

If it doesn't get fixed soon, I'm canceling Netflix and cutting my DISH service in half.  I've been a DISH customer since 1998 (20 years), but I'm sick of this.  NF worked before, and it works on one box, so this should be a half-day effort at worst for them.

Tags (2)

DISH Employee

Hey, LongTimeUSER! The 1287 is still a known issue that our Engineering Team is working on, but they have found a workaround that has been successful with some Hoppers we can try if you'd like. 

Press the "Home" button on your Hopper remote 3 times. This will take you to the Diagnostics screen and should be on the "Receiver" tab. If not, select on "Receiver", listed to the left of the TV screen. What is the "Software Version" showing on this screen?

carbfrze
Character Actor

Yes I have already done these steps and it makes no difference at all.