Netflix App Video Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Netflix App Video Issue

DISH Employee

Our Engineering Team has provided us a workaround for the 1287 Netflix error that could help fix it on the Hopper. 

The first step of this workaround is to complete a Partial Reset. A Partial Reset resets everything but DVR recordings and timers to factory defaults. To do this:

1. Verify that you do not have any timers set for the next 3 hours.
2. Depending on your remote, press the MENU button two times or the HOME button three times. This will take you to the Diagnostics screen.
3. Select Tools 
4. Select Reset to Factory Defaults
5. Select Partial Reset
6. Select Reset on the Warning Pop up

Once this is complete, you will want to place the Hopper and all Joeys into standby for 1 hour. After that time has passed, you should be able to access the Netflix app on the Hopper without the error message.

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

This is also only a temporary fix to the Netflix App no video issue as I still have the same issue with no video when I attempt to access Netflix later.  This works the same as the following two temporary solutions that I have previously listed in this thread.

To fix the issue on the Hopper 3 temporarily I have to either reset the Hopper 3 (takes 2.5 minutes) or go into <Menu>, <Settings>, <Tools> and then select <Reset Netflix To Defaults> which requires me to enter my login credentials to Netflix the next time I launch the Netflix application, but then both video and sound work from the Hopper 3.  So there are two workarounds, although they are both a PITA to do.

This issue with no video is very easy to duplicate and it is appears to be a software issue.  Has a permanent fix been developed or is your technical team still looking into this?  This issue has not been fixed other than the temporary workarounds that I am continuing to use which are time consuming and inconvenient.

DISH Employee

They are still investigating the issue and error message. We do not have any timeframe yet on a permanent fix.

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

Do you need anything else that I may be able to provide which may be of assistance to your engineering team to get this issue corrected?

DISH Employee

Hi GRB1959. We appreciate the offer, but it looks like they have all that they need as of now. If they run into any stone walls they'll be sure to ask for additional information through their case log. 

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

This has been resolved.  I am not sure when it was fixed, but the past month or so it has worked perfectly.

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

This is a problem again that started in the past month or so.  I noticed that my Hopper 3 was updated in February of 2019.  Did this recent software update re-introduce the Netflix video problem.

DISH Employee

Oh no! I hate to hear that you have had this issue resurface! Are you having any issues with live TV, or just the Netflix? And does resetting the receiver resolve it for a short time as it had previously? 

GRB1959
Audio Engineer
Only having an issue with Netflix and not live TV. Resetting Netflix to defaults temporarily fixes the issue until the next login.

DISH Employee

What we would want to do is run a quick internet test on your Hopper, you will want to press the House button 3 times (or the Menu button 2 times, depending on your remote), the arrow down to Status, then Send Status. From there we want the Test Connections option and we are looking for what is says next to "Downloading at". That will give us a bit more information about what is going on.