Netflix App Video Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix App Video Issue

GRB1959
Costume Designer

I realize that this is a known issue with the Netflix application on the Hopper 3 when the video goes black while the audio continues to work correctly and the only known fix it to reboot the Hopper 3 (takes about 2.5 minutes for reboot).  Has any progress been made on fixing this issue?

I have a Hopper 3 and 3 Joeys.  When I watch Netflix from one of the Joeys in my basement and then shut the Joey 3 off and go upstairs to watch from the Hopper 3 directly the Netflix app sometimes exhibits the known display bug where there is no video. 

The odd thing is that I can go back to the basement and turn my Joey 3 back on and the Netflix application will work correctly.  It is almost like the Netflix session from the Joey 3 is not terminating properly from the Hopper 3.  It doesn't matter if I press the <Back> button on my 54.0 remote to go back to the main Netflix screen and select <Exit Netflix> or if I press and hold the <Back> button to exit Netflix back to my Dish TV session. 

Tags (3)
14 Replies

Re: Netflix App Video Issue

DISH Employee

Hello, GRB1959. Thank you for your feedback. Our Engineering team is still working on fixing this issue; however, we still don't have a scheduled fix date yet. The information you provided will actually help a lot. I have noticed that, if I force sign out on all devices on the Netflix website. The Hopper/Joey do sometimes have success so, your theory makes a lot of sense. I appreciate all your patience as we work towards getting this resolved! 

AFly
Extra
I don’t think it’s just Netflix, but all apps. This happens to me as well, but I can get out of it by hitting the “options” button and then the “info” button. After doing this I tried opening other apps like Pandora and it does the same thing. Only resetting the box allows the apps to work properly. I hope this info helps!

GRB1959
Costume Designer

I am still having the same issue whereas if I start a Netflix session on one of my 3 Joeys that I cannot go back to my Hopper 3 later and start a Netflix session and have the video work.  Only the sound works, but I can go back to one of my 3 Joeys and both the video and sound work.

To fix the issue on the Hopper 3 temporarily I have to either reset the Hopper 3 (takes 2.5 minutes) or go into <Menu>, <Settings>, <Tools> and then select <Reset Netflix To Defaults> which requires me to enter my login credentials to Netflix the next time I launch the Netflix application, but then both video and sound work from the Hopper 3.  So there are two workarounds, although they are both a PITA to do.

This 'fixes' the issue until the next time that I decide to launch a Netflix session from one of my 3 Joeys which will work as expected until I try to go back to the Hopper 3 at a later point in time to launch a Netflix session which will once again have sound, but no video.

For some reason there seems to be an orphaned Netflix video session on one of my Joeys and until that is cleared up I cannot watch a full Netflix session on my Hopper 3 so I have to reset the Netflix application to defaults as per the steps described above.

DISH Employee

GRB1959, our Engineering Team is still currently working on reaching a resolution. At this time, we do not have an estimated scheduled fix date. I would be able to add your account to the report to let our Team know that you are experiencing this issue. Can you send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account to get it added?

GRB1959
Costume Designer

Hi Latrisha,

PM has been sent as requested.

DISH Employee

Thank you for sending your information, GRB1959.

RP
Costume Designer

I am still having the 1287 issue, and now I am beginning to wonder if it really is ever going to work? Can someone PLEASE help me with this?

DISH Employee

I know technical issues can be frustrating, RP. Our Engineering Team is still actively researching to find a resolution. There hasn't been a timeline given, due to them having to recreate the error, find what is causing it, and then find a fix to send out. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and appreciate your patience while we are working through this. 

GRB1959
Costume Designer

Is there an update on a fix for this issue?