Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Netflix APP and black screen

PortlandChris
Camera Crew
This has not solved anything.

You are sending me on a wild goose chase.

The problem is with the Hopper software. Please just admit this.

DISH Employee
It looks like we need to submit this issue to our feedback tool so it can be reviewed by our Technical Operations team. So I can have more information about your equipment and software version, would you be able to send me a Private Message with your phone/account number and 4-digit PIN, as well as the software version of all of your equipment, and whether or not it works better on Hoppers vs Joeys? This information will help our engineering team when they look into it.

TDvl13
Extra
I am also having this issue. I can only get Netflix on the rare occasion when trying to watch it on the Joey. There are no problems with it on the Hopper. I have reset everything except a factory reset of the receiver. And if Netflix does work, when i exit out of it, it freezes causing me to have to restart the Joey. Most of what i have read about this leads me to believe it is a Dish/Joey issue rather than a Netflix issue.

DISH Employee
Did you try doing a Whole Home Reset, then reset the Netflix App from the Hopper?

If not, to do a Whole Home Reset, unplug all of the receivers in the home. Once they have all been unplugged at the same time for at least 10 seconds, plug them back in starting with the Hopper.

Once they come back online, Press the Menu button twice to access the Diagnostics screen, then go to Tools> Reset to Factory Defaults> then select Reset Netflix to Defaults.

Resetting Netflix to Factory Defaults will not affect any timers or recordings. It will only reset the Netflix App. If Resetting Netflix from the Hopper does not work, you can also reset the Netflix App through the Joeys that are affected.

bushido
Extra
I have been having this same problem with only audio & no picture when trying to watch Netflix on my Hopper 3. This has been going on since the summer of 2017. Before I called Dish, I determined that unplugging the Hopper or resetting the Netflix App to the factory settings would restore the picture until it updated the next night and then back to square one. I started calling Dish, only to be told a different story each time. They would tell me to do the things I had already tried. The first time I was told they had no knowledge of the problem. The next time they told me they were aware of the problem and it would be fixed in the next update. I have had two updates and nothing has changed. The last time I called the lady I spoke with told me Netflix was just an app and not to expect too much. I should call them again, but I just dread whatever kind of run around I'll get next time! I would appreciate a straight answer.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
How is your Hopper connected to the internet?
ISP modem Mfr and Model#?
Is there a wifi router in the mix as well?

I haven't seen any issues with NF on my system for a long time. Working well on Hopper and 3 Joeys. I don't have to reset anything.

Check out my configuration. Might help you.

bushido wrote:
I have been having this same problem with only audio & no picture when trying to watch Netflix on my Hopper 3. This has been going on since the summer of 2017. Before I called Dish, I determined that unplugging the Hopper or resetting the Netflix App to the factory settings would restore the picture until it updated the next night and then back to square one. I started calling Dish, only to be told a different story each time. They would tell me to do the things I had already tried. The first time I was told they had no knowledge of the problem. The next time they told me they were aware of the problem and it would be fixed in the next update. I have had two updates and nothing has changed. The last time I called the lady I spoke with told me Netflix was just an app and not to expect too much. I should call them again, but I just dread whatever kind of run around I'll get next time! I would appreciate a straight answer.

Supramom2000
Extra
I also have been having the same problem on my Hopper 3. I've had it for 6 months or so. I am connected wirelessly via a single unit modem/router.

I get the Netflix logo on a black screen and the audio of whatever dish channel is on in the background. But everything freezes. No remote buttons work. Have to do a red button reset.

Sray
Extra

Just had the same problem, tried this and it fixed the problem. thanks

rkw15656
Costume Designer

When is DISH going to FIX this?  Doing a full reset is NOT the answer.

Nalria
Extra
I have had this problem for 2 years and DISH has not given me any helpful advice!!! I have done everything they instructed me to do- still not working on my Hopper3! Would be nice for their equipment to actually work considering how much we pay them! VERY FRUSTRATED!