Need help with Local HD Channels

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Local HD Channels

Yeloman
Extra

Hello, I've recently hooked up my parents firsts HD TV and found out local Channels are only in SD and not in HD. I've talked to reps on the phone several times and have done the steps they've suggested but nothing has worked. They said that my receiver is bad (Vip222k) and are sending a new one. But looking around the Internet it seems like the equipment may just be looking at the wrong arc. Satellites that are received are 110,119, 129. If I do need to switch to the Eastern arc what steps do I take to make it happen and how much will it cost. Thanks

6 Replies

Re: Need help with Local HD Channels

crodrules
Costume Designer
There should not be any cost for switching your Arc, as long as you explain to Dish that it is required for your HD local channels. Which local market are you in? This info will make it easier to look up which satellite your local HD channels are broadcast from.

Yeloman
Extra
I’m in new New Hampsire so it looks like satellites 61.5, and 72 is this correct?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Very likely.

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
I think you would be in either the Boston, MA, Portland, ME, or Burlington, VT DMA's, depending on where you are in NH. In any case though, you're correct that your parents need a repoint to the eastern arc 61.5 and 72.7 sats for HD locals in those DMA's.

Yeloman
Extra
Would they need any new equipment to pick the Eastern arc or can the current equipment be utilized. Receiver is a VIP222K the dish I’m not sure of but it does have 3 eyes and currently looks at satellites 110,119,and 129.

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
The only equipment change would be the LNB mounted on the dish arm. The satellite spacing is different than the western arc LNB currently installed. If it's a 1000.2 dish, there would only two "eyes" for the eastern arc, three if it's a 1000.4 dish. The western arc uses three "eyes" for both models. With an eastern arc LNB installed and properly aimed, all that would be needed at the receiver is to run a check switch routine to update the satellite information.