Need Hopper 3 Timer Work Arounds

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Hopper 3 Timer Work Arounds

timmaxwell
Extra
Since the Hopper 3 does not have the traditional Dish Pass Timer, I have a few issues I would love suggestions for work arounds.

Using the search function is helpful to a point, but when the search function has no suggestions how do you create a timer?
For example, type in "Hayley Mills" to set a timer for her movies and the search function has no suggestions. (Yes I made sure I spelled the name correctly.)
Using just "Mills" locates her sister Juliet, but not Hayley.

Is there any way to restrict a timer to one channel?
For example, "Bonanza" airs on multiple stations so creating a timer using search records from all stations and the Edit Timer menu does not have an option to change it from All Channels to a specific channel.

And is there any way to set the DVR to record all the new movies on a specific channel?
With Dish Pass timers on the 625, I could record any movie on Hallmark that contained "Premier" in the description.

Thanks
Tim M
3 Replies

Re: Need Hopper 3 Timer Work Arounds

DISH Employee
Hello timmaxwell . I will pass along your suggestions for the search function. The search will normally only return a result if there is a match withing the next 10 days to 2 weeks. It will also show multiple channels in case someone doesn't have a specific channel in their programming package.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
If you do the search, the top will have an option that says Summary. If you click that, and then "record when available", that will be a Seek timer.

timmaxwell
Extra
Thanks for the tip. For some names, pressing "0" to view all results does bring up a result when previously there were no suggestions.
I also found that a seek time can sometimes be created for an actor/actress that search has no suggestions for by using one of their movies. Search for a movie they stared in, then bring up the information about the movie and go to the cast tab. The biography of the star will often have the option to "Record Movies Featuring."
It's just sad that the information in the search function is only good for programming appearing during the next few weeks. We need the old style seek timer or a search function tied to a database like IMDB.

Tim M