Nascar race delayed - DVR didn't record all

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nascar race delayed - DVR didn't record all

Lori
Extra

The Martinsville Nascar race was scheduled to run Sunday, March 25th , but was delayed until today, Monday, March 26th. Because of the delay, it did not show in the guide. I set the DVR to record the shows on that channel in the time slot for the race. Apparently, because of the race, the guide showed a program from 1 pm to 4 pm, and another from 4 pm to 5 pm, etc. I set the dvr to record every show from 1 pm to 8 pm.

When I got home to watch, the dvr only recorded the 1 pm to 4 pm show and nothing else. Even though I also have the series set to record, I only got to see half the race. (It ran from 2 - ?... I imagine about 6 pm). 

There is NO option to just set a time to record on a channel from 2 pm to 6 pm. You HAVE to pick a show from the guide and record it. This is highly disappointing, especially when the shows change due to rescheduling, preempting, or overtimes.

PLEASE include the feature in a future update that we would be able to set a recording on a channel, not a show, and give us the option to tell it how long we want it to record, no matter what is airing.

2 Replies

Re: Nascar race delayed - DVR didn't record all

Chadt4141
Casting Director
That would be a manual timer and it’s been available for many years on all receivers.

Re: Nascar race delayed - DVR didn't record all

logdog
Visual Engineer

Under the Timers tab, go to Options and Create a Timer. From there you can create a manual timer by channel, date and time.