cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NETFLIX UNAVAILABLE 1287 2018 APP ERROR

RP
Costume Designer

NETFLIX IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE CODE 1287 

If you got this CODE ^^^ when you hit your NETFLIX tab, don't bother to troubleshoot! When DISH gets honest, they tell you that there is not  a solution at this time. They say the ENGINEERS are working on it, problem is they have been working on it since December 2017. Ours was working fine, until 2 weeks ago, now it is NOT. DISH REPS keep saying it's an "enginneering problem", it's a "glitch in the software", "engineers are working on it",  nothing changes. And don't bother calling them once a week, they start getting ANNOYED with you as the customer.  Look,  even though I have 2 months left on my contract, they want to charge us $40 bucks to leave dish. Wait....what?

NOT FAIR DISH

YOUR REPS are not POLITE NOR do they have a solution

REPORTED DISH TO BBB

CUSTOMER CHANGING to ANOTHER Company

NETFLIX is a BIG marketing tool for DISH. IT NEEDS TO BE WORKING!  The least DISH can do is LET ME GO> RIGHT? INstead we have gotten ATTITUDE from every single REP.

Tags (1)
23 Replies

Re: NETFLIX UNAVAILABLE 1287 2018 APP ERROR

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Have you tried the official work around posted?

And since Netflix is not part of your contract, and the contract specifically says that software issues that do not impact the core processes, do not void the contract, and you are breaking the contract, yes there is an ETF. That part should not be unclear.

RP
Costume Designer

What is clear to me is that NETFLIX was easily available, as other apps, and none of them are available anymore. I do however understand what you just stated, so thank you .

DISH Employee

RP, we know these types of issues can be frustrating! It does look like we have found an alternate solution outside of our normal troubleshooting steps that has resolved most issues with the Netflix app and your fellow Dish subscribers have deemed it successful! You can see these steps on our other thread by clicking this link: https://communities.dish.com/t5/At-Home/Netflix-and-Joey2-problem/m-p/151. 

RP
Costume Designer

Tried the work around and more than once, does not help. Keep in mind, NETFLIX is not freezing up for me, it is a code of UNAVAILABLE 1287. I have tried everyting under the sun, from resetting Hopper to factory defaults, resetting internet , network, EVERYTHING is not working. What next?

RP
Costume Designer

Also, your URL link does not work

DISH Employee

I am sorry to hear the link isn't working for you! Here are the steps for the new work around we have found resolves the error message 1287:

Step 1) Reset Netflix to Factory Defaults-- Press the House button on your remote 3 time to get to the Diagnostics screen. Go down to Tolls and select Reset to Factory Defaults. On the next screen, select Reset Netflix To Defaults, then click on Yes on the pop-up. Once this is done we can go to step 2 to reboot the whole system.

Step 2) Whole Home reset: Unplug all the Joey's and leave them unplugged. While they are unplugged you need to unplug the Hopper for 10 seconds. Once the Hopper says "Starting Up" then you can plug all the Joey's back in. This order is important. 

I thank you for your patience during this process!

RP
Costume Designer

I tried your steps ....they do not work

RP
Costume Designer

also, again I do not have joeys, just a hopper

DISH Employee

Alright, at this time I would be happy to submit this feedback to our Engineer team to let them know these steps did not work for you so they can continue to look for a resolution. To make sure we target your account specifically with the fix, would you please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account?