My recorded program gets changed to a different recording

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My recorded program gets changed to a different recording

Cole1321
Extra
I have recorded several cartoons for my daughter to watch. After time, the recorded cartoon looks like it gets replaced by another recording. For example, we recorded Tangled. It was saved in the DVR, and my daughter watched it several times from the recording. One day, we try to watch it again, and it’s only the last few minutes of the cartoon Tangled, and the rest of the 1.5-2hours of recording is another show. This has happened to other recordings as well. We end up deleting that recording and recording the show again the next time it airs. This again happened with The Bugs life recording.

It seems like dish network changes the recordings on my DVR.
3 Replies

Re: My recorded program gets changed to a different recording

DISH Employee

Hi Cole1321! At this time we are aware of this issue. I can assure you we are not changing the recording in the DVR but we have escalated this issue to the Engineer Team and they are looking into this. 

chipp7
Extra

You are not alone. I have experienced this problem on my last TWO hoppers as well. When calling tech support they don't seem to understand what the problem is, let alone how to fix it.

Steiny
Extra
This happens to me as well! You explained it so much better than I could have. It is very frustrating that we are paying so much money for dvr and we aren’t even able to watch the shows. I’ve called dish several times and they talk to me like I don’t know what I am talking about and that the way I am recording is wrong. I’ve spent hours on the phone with them and they haven’t fixed the issue. At this time they’ve known about the issue for more than two months and still don’t have a fix. Tonight a dish rep said they are going to do an update on August 9th so it may be fixed. I won’t hold my breath.